CIB Consulting – Manager
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Do you want to contribute to the change of Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB)? Do you wish to involve yourself in strategic projects with a strong impact for Bank’s management? Do you want to thrive in a dynamic team with an entrepreneurial spirit? CIB Consulting (CIBC) is your opportunity to take part in the transformation of CIB whilst developing your skills in consulting and project management.
CIBC is an internal advisory team at the heart of CIB, supporting the rapid growth of the bank in a dynamic market environment. This setup is a credible alternative to external consultancies, creating tailor-made strategies in alignment with CIB and the Group. The team brings together former consultants and banking experts who started working closely with the Bank’s Business Lines and Management Board. This team’s history started in Paris (2009), rapidly extending to the APAC (2011), Americas (2013) and today it is developing itself in Lisbon in a start-up mode.
CIBC conducted hundreds of assignments within CIB. Generally our work includes:
- An involvement in all project management phases (analysing, designing, solution structuring, recommending, implementing and assistance in monitoring the impact of the project)
- Diversified contents (organisational and/or strategic projects linked with the Business Lines of CIB)
- Cross-disciplinary subjects, which imply several participants and contributors (through various Business Lines or functions)
In order to foster its high paced expansion and growth, CIBC is offering motivated candidates the opportunity to join its team in Lisbon in order to work with the Headquarters (Paris) CIBC team to support an ever-changing bank. Furthermore the local consulting team is responsible for the outcome of local based projects, impacting the bank’s setup and strategy in Portugal.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The selected candidate will be responsible for performing the following duties in their day to day:
- Autonomously frame, design and lead the delivery of one or several modules or projects
- Deliver meaningful content bringing out-of-the-box ideas on top of classic methodologies
- Animate workshops and interviews
- Prepare and deliver presentations for CIB Management
- Establish collaborative relationships with internal clients (CIB Business Lines, Functions, Coverage Lines) while maintaining independence and capacity to challenge them
- Manage efficiently client’s and project’s stakeholders showing emotional and political intelligence
- Grow the CIBC client franchise through long-term partnerships
- Manage and develop project teams
- Train and coach more junior consultants
- Manage other transversal activities (e.g. training, recruitment)
- Ensure proactive involvement on transverse topics related to CIB Consulting development
All candidates are expected to be strongly committed, to have excellent adaptability capabilities, and a strong situational intelligence. CIB Consulting values a true sense of team work and a dynamic, creative and result-oriented spirit.
- Graduated from a top Business or Engineering school or University equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience in consulting / project management
- Banking industry experience is a plus
- Good analytical skills and ability to structure solutions
- Experience in managing formal / informal teams
- Fluency in English is compulsory, French is a strong plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to be impactful when leading projects, client relationships or teams