Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific (www.apac.bnpparibas)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
The main purpose of the team is to ensure timely, consistent and exhaustive transaction regulatory reporting under APAC jurisdictions, such as HKMA, MAS, ASIC, etc for both Equities and Fixed Income products. The team is also the single point for regional Operations on new Regulatory initiatives.
The purpose of the position is to achieve the team’s goal through daily routine control measure and contribute to implementation of new control framework in order to minimize operational risk and comply with the regulatory requirements.
- Setup procedures and controls to minimize the operational risk on regulatory reporting.
- Enhance existing controls to streamline existing process and improve control efficiency and accuracy.
- Prepare data for specific surveys requested by Central banks and regulators.
- Send regular updates to the ITO management, Compliance and Front Office on the status of the different initiatives.
- Define test cases, validate user testing and follow up with IT on new releases for upcoming regulatory projects
- Participate in industry working groups and conferences to be well aware of the latest development and ensure that our setup is robust
- Review and propose improvements on the reporting currently managed by other departments on ad hoc basis to ensure the process is in line with the regional standard
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Strong knowledge of Fixed income products and OTC trade reporting requirements is a plus
- Knowledge in Front to Back workflows and product event management is a plus
- Strong Excel skill, automation or script writing (e.g. VBA) is a plus.
- Strong sense of compliance and risk control
- Attention to detail and accuracy imperative