Chasing and Escalation Analyst (M/F)
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 184,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents.
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
The mandate of the Documentation Department is to ensure that every trade done by the FO, as well as every associated event to an existing OTC transaction that requires a confirmation, is properly confirmed with the counterparty in due time.
Our main clients are Corporates (major corporations & medium-sized companies) and financial institutions (general and specialised international banks, pension funds, fund managers, insurance companies and central banks).
We cover multiple asset classes that are: Foreign Exchange, Money Market, Equity Derivatives, Credit and Interest Rate Derivatives and Commodity trading (power, gas, oil, precious metals etc).
The Documentation Department is set to develop in the coming period of time by reaching the size of 9 teams with a total of approximately 80 team members.
The Chasing and Escalation team is responsible for ensuring that all confirmations are retrieved from clients and forwarded to the relevant Matching team for their processing. The team covers a wide range of products done by the Trading desks such as standard products (forwards, swaps, vanilla options) and more complex ones (Binaries, Exotics and Structures). The Chasing and Escalation team’s primary function is to chase and retrieve from clients confirmations for all outstanding transactions.
The team contacts directly our clients (by telephone or by Email) to request the sending of any missing confirmations. The team must follow the procedure that is set to meet the regulatory timelines. The team is also responsible for escalating any blocking points experienced with clients through the preparation and animation of Escalation Committees that are held regularly by the Documentation Department with the concerned Business Management lines.
- Daily liaison with customers over the phone and by email to chase for confirmations.
- Retrieving legal confirmations (electronic and/or paper) for all the products managed by the Documentation Department and transmission to the matching teams.
- Monitor the group email box to ensure incoming requests are prioritised accordingly and ensure timely chasing of confirmations.
- Contribute to meeting regulatory confirmation execution targets (DFA and EMIR).
- Understanding the importance of effective escalation.
- Prepare and animate the Escalation Committee calls with the Business.
- Enrich and/or update the client referential database.
- Continuous review of processes, set ups and controls ensuring high level of risk management and improving our services towards clients.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with Business Trading and Sales, IT and other Operational areas in Paris, Montreal or Singapore and globally through daily interactions.
- Be customer focused by maintaining excellent relationships with our external clients; understand their organisation and their expectations.
- Meet clients’ expectations in the strict respect of internal group policies and procedures in place.
- Master Degree in Finance
- Fluent in English (both oral and written communication)
- Previous experience is a similar area is a plus
- Excellent understanding of OTC derivatives including trade life cycle is a plus
- Excel Skills (intermediate)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize workloads & use a proactive approach to meet deadlines
- Effective escalation and consensus builder
- Strong analytical skills
- Availability for a training period abroad (up to 3 months)