The opportunity is for the position of a Chartered Building Surveyor with up to 2 years post qualification experience to work within the Leeds Building Surveying team, located in the city centre.
The Building Surveying team forms part of the wider Building Consultancy department which provides a wide range of professional and project services to Occupier and Investor clients as well as internal teams.
The candidate will predominantly undertake professional services for our corporate clients, with some public sector work also carried out. The role will mainly comprise providing professional commercial Building Surveying advice across a range of property types, predominantly in the North of England.
The successful candidate can expect to be involved with technical due diligence, dilapidations, specifying and administering refurbishment projects, building pathology, planned preventative maintenance and neighbourly matters. They will possess a good appreciation of commercial building surveying and see this as an opportunity to quickly progress their career to the next level.
Reporting to a director, from day one there will be a high level of client contact and the opportunity to build strong networks with all of our UK offices. The role requires the candidate to be self-motivated, responsible for managing their own workload on a day-to-day basis, and to be able to work within multi-disciplinary teams delivering integrated services to clients.
Roles and responsibilities
The Building Surveying team undertakes a wide range of professional and project services, and we are looking for someone who wants to develop their career by undertaking a wide range of core building surveying work.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Taking and being responsible for instructions, from inception through to completion, reporting to a director;
- Working as part of a regional and national team for the delivery of instructions, primarily to our corporate accounts;
- Responsible for managing own workload on day-to-day basis;
- Undertaking technical due diligence instructions, working with internal and external specialist consultants;
- Design and contract administration duties principally for refurbishment, repair and maintenance projects;
- Dilapidations, primarily acting for occupiers, covering both assessments, schedule preparation and negotiation acting on behalf of landlords/tenants;
- Preparing and agreeing schedules of condition;
- Undertaking reinstatement cost assessments;
- Preparing planned preventative maintenance schedules;
- Providing technical building pathology advice;
- Advising on neighbourly matters.
As well as the technical requirements, the candidate will become involved with and support business development activities. They will be expected to support, and in time manage, client relationships, often at a senior level, and to work within the department to identify, build and maintain new business opportunities.
The candidate will be required to:
- Work within clearly defined, well established processes;
- Proactively solve problems and find solutions, consulting with more experienced colleagues on more difficult or unfamiliar situations;
- Work to and comply with BNPPRE’s quality management processes and procedures.
The candidate should possess strong inter-personal skills, be sociable and prepared to proactively work within a busy, friendly and highly professional team. They will be required to support and work with colleagues at all levels, have strong IT, time management and communication skills, be accurate in their work and have an eye for detail.
- Degree in Building Surveying
- MRICS qualified
The candidate should possess a full, clean driving licence.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index