Change & Release - Analyst
Standard / Permanent
Job Title: Change & Release Analyst
Reporting to: Change and Release Manager Mumbai
The mission of Risk-IM (Risk-Investment & Market) is to provide Senior Management of the Group, of the Operating Divisions, and of GRM with full transparency and dynamic analysis of the risks and clients managed by Corporate Investment Banking (CIB) and Investment Solutions (IS) Business Units, as per the scope detailed below.
The scope of Risk-IM is:
• On Market & Liquidity risks: it is Group-wide. Risk-IM comprehensively covers the CIB capital markets activities, ALM Treasury as well as the IS Business Units,
• On Counterparty risks: it is Group-wide. Risk-IM covers all counterparty risks arising from derivative and repo transactions,
• On Credit risks: credit analysis and approval for all Financial Institutions (including Funds and SPVs), Sovereigns, Wealth Management clients and other IS private clients,
• On Insurance risks: risks generated by Insurance activities,
• Depending on mandates given, Risk-IM also assumes, directly or indirectly, responsibilities on the above risk categories in specific areas of the Retail Business Units.
Risk-IM will contribute to the definition of the Group’s risk appetite, its risk decision making process and the optimization of capital allocation to support the development of the Operating Divisions. Risk-IM supports with full commitment all GRM initiatives and actions.
The Risk Systems team is part of Risk-IM, whose mission includes providing the bank with a comprehensive capital markets risk system used to calculate market and counterparty risk capital figures using advanced methods and to support the needs of users for risk analysis, risk reporting and the credit process.
Risk-IM Mumbai led by Sandeep Diwan, is a part of the Global Risk Systems team and is a dynamic group of approximately 25 people based in Mumbai. The team is responsible for various functions such as RISK APPLICATION SUPPORT,FEED MANAGEMENT, CHANGE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPING SYSTEMS across all Risk Systems:
We are currently in the process of completing and delivering the Syzygy project, a major re-engineering project to bring the existing systems together to create a single system for calculating both market and credit risk measures for OTC deals traded by the bank's Capital Markets desks. This brings market and counterparty risks under a single system and moving the system from a traditional monolithic batch to a continuous event driven process that is able to continually deliver results at an individual counterparty/portfolio level to end users. This will bring an improvement in overall system performance.
The position is for a Release Coordinator within the Risk-IM Mumbai team, reporting directly to Change and Release Manager.
In Risk Systems, the Release Management function covers planning, execution and control of the software development release process including testing activities from the initial scope definition, through impact analysis, integration, integration testing, system testing and regression testing, to delivery to Change Management (performed by Risk Application Support) for final validation and transition to production.
The Release Management function supports, but does not manage these transition activities.
The Release Management function integrates changes from Project lifecycles and Maintenance and Enhancement lifecycles into a single coherent release, and delivers a set of verified and validated software packages and supporting documentation (release notes, test reports, system documentation updates, etc.) to Change Management.
The release lifecycle operates in two modes: Phased Enhancement for regular releases and Unitary Release for break fixes and minor changes. Depending upon the application, regular releases occur on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly cycle.
The Release Management function relies upon Configuration Management for the provision of software packages, system configurations and testing environments, upon System Architecture and Development Subject Matter Experts for impact analyses, and upon Development and BA teams for testers.
The Release Management function chairs the scope definition, impact analysis and release planning meetings(CAB), and represents the development teams in change management and problem management meetings.
The role will have high visibility within Risk Systems, giving the candidate periodic access to Risk Systems Senior Management. As such the candidate must have excellent communication skills and be visibly confident in his or her presentation.
The candidate will also need to interact on a daily basis with Risk Application Support, and so experience of Application Production Support processes and terminology such as ITIL would be extremely helpful. Any exposure to the DevOps movement would also be beneficial since Risk Systems sets a high value on the quality of interaction between development and support teams.
· Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio (FSC - Manage the Forward schedule of change)
· Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
· Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and that they meet or exceed expectations
· Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
· Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
· Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
· Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
· Maintain the strategies, plans, processes and procedures for Release Management ,including integration, system and regression testing activities
. Prepare quarterly/annually management reports on Release Management activities for senior management
· Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
· Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
· Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
· Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
· Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
· Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
· Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
. Ensure all releases are compliant with the Group IT Governance framework
Successful candidate is expected to perform the above tasks in collaboration and agreement with the team leaders, project leads and other development staff, and where necessary with the Business Analysts, Application Production and Infrastructure teams.
- B.E / B.Tech or equivalent