CAPITAL MARKETS - Team Leader
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Group’s CAPITAL MARKETS Teams pitch, structure and execute loan and bond financings for large and midcap corporates. Analysts and Associates in the Origination & Execution Group support all the financing activities. Lisbon team is part of the Origination & Execution Group and works closely with our local Analysts.
Role and Responsibilities
Revision of outputs produced by the team:
- Strategic and financial analysis on sectors or companies
- Research and analysis for potential transaction opportunities
- Assist with the preparation of presentations (i.e. pitches, teasers and other marketing materials related to the transaction)
- Valuation and debt capacity exercises including trading comps, precedent transactions and discounted cash flow models
Assist in the Team Management:
- Monitoring juniors performance
- Providing technical support to answer the specific needs of the juniors
- Coaching/ preparation of mid-term and final appraisals and identification of training needs
- Discussion and presentation of prospects after the internship
Interaction with teams (in Europe):
- Quality control on delivery
- Collection of feedback on the quality of work done
- Permanently develop an excellent quality of service
- Liaison with HRs, Lisbon COO
- Monitoring and communication of main KPIs with management in Paris
- Proactive communication with main Financing Solutions stakeholders
Contribute to the assessment of potential new joiners
Previous work experience (at least 2 years) in Capital Markets, Acquisition/Leveraged Finance or in Audit/Transaction services
Perfect fluency in English and Portuguese. French would be a plus
Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) and of financial data bases (DataStream, Thomson Financials, Capital IQ, Bloomberg, etc.)
Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
Excellent capacity to work in autonomy
Proactivity, problem-solving mind set, client service oriented
Available for a training period abroad (1 to 2 months in Paris)
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.