C++ Dev - FI Deal capture - Focus
Standard / Permanent
- There are asset-class specific deal capture systems at BNP Paribas for managing the capture and worflow through their lifetime of Interest Rate Derivatives, Bonds, Repos, Foreign Exchange and Credit Default Swaps. These are used globally across all time zones.
- The applications are multi-tiered , primarily developed in VC++ , with strong usage of Oracle PL/SQL , IBM MQ , TIBCO RV and Oracle Coherence
- These applications are mature and critical for the workflow of IRDs , Bonds, Repo, Foreign Exchange and CDSs deals in the bank
· Work on these applications is a combination of M&E, including significant new functional changes to keep up with the demands of the market, development to prepare and serve the ambitions of the business and regular technical evolution.
- These applications are manned by a team of Business Analysts, developers and testers, spread across London and Mumbai, with programme management in London.
- Would report functionally to specific application Team Lead based in Mumbai / London
- Is expected to learn about the product and all parts of the system at code level the code that makes it work
- Is required to frequently interact (by mail / chat / phone / Video Conference) with business Analysts, other application and architecture teams, production support in multiple locations, mostly in London and Singapore.
- Would participate and contribute to the projects’ design , estimation , release and post release activities
- May be required to work on a rota for 3rd line support including support from home as part of a global rota system.
- The role is of an individual contributor who is expected to take on tasks independently and own them across all stages of the SDLC. Pl note : The team is made of very senior technicians globally who create tools and support the functional application teams by being leaders on matters of technology.
- 4+ years’ work experience in IT development or support
- At least 4 years of hands on Application development
- At least 4 years of application development in C++ preferably on Windows
- Sound knowledge of Software Engineering and Object Oriented programming
- High level of comfort and expertise in C++ programming including STL, multi threaded applications and Services
- Very Good knowledge of RDBMS / SQL
- Very good in investigating issues and providing solutions
- Possess the ability to explain and articulate solutions, and work constructively with others including more senior and junior members in the team to implement the same.
Nice to Have
- Strong MFC knowledge and work experience
- Hands on experience of IBM MQ, TIBCO RV, Oracle Coherence
- Credit Derivatives experience
- Demonstrate the ability to show initiative and take the lead solving business focused technical problems.
- Have a can do attitude that focuses on resolving the overall problem in the medium and long term as well as meeting the short term objectives.
- Have and demonstrate integrity in all work.
- Willingness and ability to put in effort even when not explicitly requested to do so