Business Object Senior Developer - FO - BI
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas Overview
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing around 190,000 people across 74 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 30,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
The Client and Sales Facing Business Intelligence team is responsible for the Global Market Client Contribution.
Client Contribution is a key area for IT as Senior Management and Marketers are looking to extract value from data in areas such as client profitability. We work very closely with the Data Office, Marketers, Traders, Management.
With the Global Market transformation, the profile of the Client Information team has changed with the integration of all the Global Market Client Contribution operational systems. As result, an opportunity has arisen for a dynamic individual to join the team.
The successful candidate will be assigned to the Client and Sales Facing Business Intelligence team to maintain the Business Objects universes.
The programmer requires enthusiastic and committed individuals to join, having previous experience on developing reports and universes for Business Objects and working in an agile environment.
The role of the Developer will be to:
- Design and maintain BO Universe and Reports integrate new data requirements and allow legacy BO reports to continue to function.
- Provide 3rd level support, liaising either with the support team or with the business directly.
- Work closely with BA/PM’s to deliver agreed solutions
- Contribute to planning and estimation of sprints, features and releases
- Use the appropriate data analysis tools to provide users with meaningful results
- Contribute to the overall design and architecture of the system
- Contribute to the documentation
- Contribute to the testing and UAT phases
Skills / Qualifications
The candidate must have the following skills and qualities:
- At least 5 years of experience in similar roles.
- Experience developing Universes over relational databases.
- Comprehensive knowledge of SAP BOBJ suite (version 3 or above).
- Experience with Agile/Lean development
- Experience and understanding of build and deploy processes
- Knowledge of the following languages / concepts:
o SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2014
o Oracle DB(12c)/PL SQL
o TOAD for Oracle
The following experience would be additional advantage:
- Financial Banking business knowledge (products / exchanges)
- Test Driven Development or Behavior Driven Development
- Oracle Warehouse Builder
- Expertise as a Microsoft BI Developer (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Microsoft .NET and C#
Candidates should have/be able to demonstrate:
- Good level of experience in a delivery focused development team
- Strong developer and architectural appreciation, happy to develop
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as reporting capabilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Be creative, innovative, pro-active and convincing in terms of finding solutions.
- Proactive and flexible approach to dealing with challenges