Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas is one of the euro zone’s leading banks and a world top player in the banking sector, strongly positioned in its two core businesses - Retail Banking and Corporate & Institutional Banking - and present worldwide with over 193.000 employees in 74 countries. BNP Paribas has completed 32 years of presence in Portugal and is one of the largest foreign institutions in the country with more than 4500 employees.
Recently BNP Paribas established a European finance operations centre in Lisbon, with 235 positions, and part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance Services (“GFS”) is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure the publication of financial information and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management. It is also responsible for the design, deployment and evolution of financial information systems.
Within Group Finance Services, “Purchasing Solutions & Accounts Payable” is in charge of the cost accounting operations and tools for the Group.
In this department, the cost accounting systems and processes team is in charge of the design and implementation of a standard invoice processing platform within the Group.
As Business Analyst you will be the key expert for specific functional area. Your key tasks are to:
- Document functional specifications based on business requirements in line with the Invoice Processing Core Model
- Validate technical specifications proposed by the IT development team
- Define testing plans, execute testing scenarios and follow-up on testing results
- Handle complex incident management (in direct contact with end-users and business lines)
- Write user guides and prepare training material
- Accompany internal client for the right use of the tool
- Ensure tools enhancement (release management)
Be the interface between end users and IT team
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting or Business Management
• Professional experience: minimum of 2 years of experience as Business Analyst
• Good knowledge of Finance and Accounting in combination with business principles of purchase order to payment process
• Good knowledge of Finance and Accounting;
• Knowledge of Workflows Technology is a plus;
• Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate)
• Knowledge of French is a plus
• Strong team spirit
• Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude with ability to work in a fast changing environment and with international locations
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communications skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms and to report to management
• Available to a training period abroad (up to 3 months)