Job Description: Business Analyst (Accounting / General Ledger)
BNP Paribas Group
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com), is a European leader in global banking and financial services and is one of the strongest banks in the world (Rated AA by Standard & Poor's i.e. 3rd rating on a scale of 22).Headquartered in France, BNP Paribas has one of the largest international networks with operations in more than 80 countries and 200,000 employees. Its three core businesses are:
• Corporate and Investment Banking
• Retail Banking
• Investment Solutions
BNP Paribas India Solutions Pvt Ltd.
BNP Paribas India Solutions (BNPPISPL) is a global delivery centre for BNP Paribas Group; BNPPISPL provides IT Solutions, BPO and Knowledge Services to the international Corporate and Investment Banking business of BNP Paribas Group.
Job and Person Specification
Business Analyst / Senior Business Analyst
Finance shared service
Shift Timings , if any:
General ,EMEA (as required)
Job Purpose :
To ensure that the candidate performs the Business analysis and requirements on Accounting application and has worked on General Ledger system
Key Responsibilities :
· Liaising with users for requirements gathering, UAT and migration testing up to successful delivery of the end product.
· Co-ordinate closely with the functional and business users and understand system functionalities and testing requirements.
· Partnering with Business users in conducting interviews with Business users to understand the requirements
· Collecting and analyzing user requirements and business processes.
· Developing functional specification for delivery to IT.
· Performing system testing to ensure that development is in line with functional specification.
· Liaising with counterparts in IT and PMO organizations in New York, New Jersey, London, Mumbai and Paris.
· Ensuring on-time quality delivery of all activities assigned.
· Providing users with Subject Matter Expertise for Finance processes & systems.
· Evidencing of the Requirements with the Test Cases
· Prepare Test Plan with scenarios and Test Cases, detailing the Test Steps
· Identify and gather test data from various sources
· Execute test cases and record results
· To plan, track and report progress of Test phase
· To co-ordinate with the stakeholders on sign off and approval of user requirement, Test cases and Test results
Candidate Requirements for the role:
• Education Background:
- MBA in Finance, Bachelor of Commerce, Master in Commerce, Bachelor in Science
• #years of experience:
- 4 to 7 years of experience in business and system analysis (gathering requirements, creating system specifications) in the financial services industry.
- 4 to 7 years of experience in testing of General Ledger accounting schemas and reporting.
- 4 to 7 years of experience supporting accounting systems or implementing interfaces with accounting systems (i.e. upstream to general ledger) in the financial services industry.
- Good understanding of banking products (Corporate Banking and/or Capital Markets).
• Technical knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge of Accounting concepts, General Ledger and Capital Market
- Comfortable with basic office tools (Lotus Notes, MS Word, Outlook)
- Excellent knowledge and use of Microsoft skills (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
• Preferred Industry / Domain experience :
- Former experiences within a Finance function in Banking and Financial Services
- Prior experience in BFSI Domain (Accounting, General Ledger or Capital Market)
• Behavioural Skills / Competencies:
- Good communication skill (Verbal and Written)
- Listening skills to elicit the user requirement and
- Good analytical skills to perform analysis
- Ability to plan, design, prepare and execute test cases (Manual and Automated)
- Traceability Matrix (Ability to map requirements and specifications to test cases and vice versa)
- Ability to analyse business functions and identify test scenarios (positive, negative, stress, regression, performance testing)
- Understanding of testing principles and practices and
- Ability to communicate effectively with Finance and IT teams
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Experience in working in Onsite – Offshore environment
- Knowledge of JIRA and Service Now