Business Analyst - HKG AT2
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
BNP Paribas India Solutions (BNPPISPL) is a global delivery centre for BNP Paribas Group, BNPP ISPL provides IT Solutions, BPO and Knowledge Services to the international Corporate and Investment Banking business of BNP Paribas Group.
We are part of APAC Regional Finance team and take care of ATLAS 2 application’s Maintenance, Enhancements, Support and Project activities.
ATLAS 2 (AT2) is the General Ledger system for BNP PARIBAS’ CIB business to maintain accounting transactions.
APAC Regional finance (centralised team) and Local finance users raise Maintenance requests in JIRA application for various types of updates in the AT2 application. These activities are carried out with systematic procedure and documentation with appropriate level control checks on routine basis. AT2 accounting data is being maintained in Infocentre and Data warehouse for reporting purpose and extraction of data from these systems is being done using Business objects and some COBOL reports.
Apart from routine maintenance activities, any kind of change in the program is being considered as Enhancement in the system for which dedicated development team exists in the organisation whereas our team provides BA services for Finance reporting related Enhancements in the system and accountable for entire SDLC.
Successful candidate will work as Business Analyst on the AT2 Application for Maintenance, Enhancements, Support and Projects thus will be responsible for following activities:
Analysis and coordination
- Learn applications’ functionality
- Receive requirements from any Finance user related to Maintenance / enhancements
- Validate pertinence of requests, seeking best cost/benefit ratio
- Prioritize tasks across various requesters/sites
- Analyze problem and practices
- Analyze, Design and document solution logical steps and processes
- Prepare functional specifications and test cases
- Coordinate with development team and users
- Communicate formally advancement and issues with stake holders and participants
- Review user requests, validate and collate necessary information for execution of service request
- Analyze all possible scenarios to detect adverse impact of changes in advance
- Drive the activity keeping all stake holders in loop
- Adhere to procedures during execution to ensure accuracy
- Timely completion of the tasks
- Understand the issue reported by Finance user
- Analyze the issue if functional else pass on to IT for review
- Post analysis identify the possible solution
- Implement the solution as per procedure
- Track the issues reported.
Operational Support & Process Improvement
- Administrate functional settings and document change
- Contribute to functional analysis of incidents
- Coordinate impact analysis on functional setting changes
- Compile indicators for management reporting (incidents/enhancements/risks)
- Conduct ACE workshop to improve identified deficient processes
- Propose proactively enhancements and monitor risks
- Maintain the liaison with Head-Office teams in charge of accounting tools (FDG, LSI)
- Manage the liaison with regional/local project sponsors and end-users within Finance Department.
- Share knowledge and advice with other BA teams (BPI) on financial reporting issues
- Follow up with IT deliveries for accounting systems related projects/tasks and communicate potential risks to stakeholders.
The candidate should have a successful track record within Finance or IT, preferably with experience of working as Business analyst with a good range of Functional, technical and communication skills. The candidate will have successfully delivered a range of tasks, working independently or in a team and demonstrating some/all of the following:
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, working effectively with a diverse range of departments
- Global exposure, liaising with stakeholders in different regions
- Adaptability, multi-tasking across a range of concurrent tasks
- Ability to gain an in depth understanding of complex processes and systems, covering both Accounting (Production) process and ATLAS 2
- Experience of analysing business functions and identifying test scenarios (positive, negative, stress, regression, performance testing)
- Exposure to Maintenance, enhancements and projects and QA lifecycle. Exposure to project work and project testing will be a plus
- Handling of a range of multiple medium level tasks simultaneously, with associated reporting to management and stakeholders
- Preparation of effective meeting and presentation materials in line with varying types of audience.
- Minimum experience of 3.5 years in IT industry as Business Analyst for Finance domain (candidates with SQL knowledge and/ or accounting background are preferable)
- MBA Finance / B.COM /M.Com / Bachelor in Engineering
- Zeal to learn and Positive ‘Can-Do’ attitude
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Agility of mind, able to think at speed and under pressure
- Strength of character, able to effectively withstand challenge and achieve the required outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, accurate and reflecting both big picture and detail
- Logical, methodical and confident delivery manner and ability to prioritise workloads
- Ability to effectively convey complex information via simple
- Active listening in order to effectively capture requirements raised by multiple teams and navigate these through to delivery
- Ability to deliver solutions that reflect the needs of the business and are compliant with organisational policies (BNP Paribas Group, CIB, IT)
- Ability to calibrate and align with the wider organisation as it evolves during transformation
- Capacity to work effectively with non-Indian colleagues
- Good spoken and written English.
- Basic knowledge of SQL (preferable)
- Advance Excel and MS office tools
Job: Business Analyst
Business Activities: M&E
Education Level: MBA Finance / B.COM /M.Com / Bachelor in Engineering
Experience Level: 3-5 years
Primary Location: Mumbai, India