Business Analyst - Collateral - Prime Solutions & Financing
Standard / Permanent
OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
Job Description for
Collateral Management – Business Analyst – Permanent
Required 5+ years of Business Analysis experience within an IT department in an Investment Bank
The Collateral Management IT department is made up of project managers, BA’s and developers who are assigned to specific projects. Predominately the team is located in London but has part of its development, Testing team in Mumbai.
The candidate will join the Collateral Management IT team working as a Business Analyst
BA requirement is within Collateral IT Domain. Collateral Domain is structured with 4 main streams of development, initiated project can be managed by any of the below listed stream
1. Third party Collateral outsourcing project
2. Platform Stream (Migration from Algo V4 to Algo V5 project)
3. Clearing Stream
4. Operations, regulatory stream
The successful candidate will be expected to significantly contribute to the overall success of the project initiated under the project stream
The candidate should have at a minimum of 5+ years of Business Analysis experience within an IT department of an investment bank.
Exposure to OTC Collateral is a nice to have but experience should be recent (last 2 years)
Expected Skills and Knowledge:
We have a requirement for a strong business analyst, with rounded middle/back office experience in investment banking.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate that they have delivered value on large projects in Capital Markets, preferably in the collateral management or middle/back office area.
Previous exposure to Collateral Management is a nice to have but not essential
A strong appreciation of Middle/Back Office functions
- Trade lifecycle
- Settlement processes
- Product knowledge : Interest rates derivatives, Credit Derivatives, Options, Fx options (Knowledge is required more in how these products might be represented in a Front Office, Back office system)
An appreciation of
- Credit Risk framework
- Collateral Management framework
- Static data on Securities
- Market data & prices
- Regulatory initiatives such as Dodd Frank, EMIR, Clearing
Required Business Analysis skills in IT system design
- IT system design and testing : Interfaces between systems (FO feeding Back offices, Back offices feeding settlement and Collateral systems, Collateral systems feeding external systems such as Trioptima, Acadiasoft, Clearing houses …)
- Good understanding of data flowing between systems throughout the trade life cycle
Essential technical skills:
· Experience with understanding complex systems, analysing and resolving issues and writing functional and technical specifications, and test plans.
· Experience in co-ordinating a dispersed set of stakeholders (functionally and geographically)
· Experience with having organised and conducted all types of testing in a Banking environment.
· Experience with structured project methodology.
· Understanding of business analysis and systems analysis
· Experience in drafting test plans, test scenario and test cases
· Experience in executing functional testing
· Knowledge of analysis methodologies like entity-relation modelling, use cases, process / transformation analysis
· Be able to demonstrate an understanding of how business processes have been implemented and how data flows through those processes.
· Ability to be able to represent a data flow and system process into a Visio diagram for presentation purposes to stakeholders
· Ability to work with technology to assist with analysis eg SQL, Access
· A good knowledge of Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint is requested.
Essential personality skills:
- Good interpersonal and communications skills to work effectively with representatives of a diverse range of departments located in various sites and locations (Collateral Management FO, IT, Operations, Credit Risk, Market Risk) and within various business lines (mainly Fixed Income, Equity Derivatives).
- Must be able to demonstrate that he/she can communicate well in writing and orally and manage relationships.
- Being able to work under pressure, in a sometimes challenging environment, and to deal with confrontational situations.
- Able to negotiate, to convince and find consensus.
- Pro-active in rearranging his/her priorities and solving issues where requested.
- Being prepared to work long hours when necessary.
- Has to be hands on, rigorous and methodical.
Essential languages: English.
Location: Based in Mumbai