Business Analyst, Regulatory Reporting - Financial sector (Bank / Capital Market)
Standard / Permanent
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
The Business Analyst has broad-based responsibilities for the functional design, specification and deployment of Finance Systems initiatives at both a Legal Entity and IHC level. S/he will work as a team member of projects. This includes:
- Elicit, analyse, and document user requirements and business processes.
- Undertake data assessment, data gap analysis and remediation.
- Develop functional specification requirements for IT development and to ensure user requirements are met.
- Perform System Integration Testing to ensure development is in line with functional specification.
- Plan and manage User Acceptance Testing and migration testing up to successful delivery of end product.
- Manage issues and escalate effectively.
- Participate in project planning and cost estimates.
- Ensure on-time quality delivery of projects and activities assigned.
- Report on and monitor project status on regular basis (weekly) as to inform all stakeholders of ongoing program updates.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams (business groups, IT and PMO organizations) in New York, New Jersey, California, Montreal, Mumbai, London and Paris.
- 5+ years of work experience in the field of accounting and / or accounting system (ie. upstream to general ledger) and implementation in the financial services industry
Experience must include business analysis, data sourcing, functional specification, and application testing.
Experience with Banking and/or Capital Markets products.
- Ability to read and interpret regulatory’s instructions and requirements
Ability to understand complex financial products and system architectures, including accounting business processes including financial and management reporting (e.g. IFRS and US GAAP), month-end closing process, regulatory reporting, entity consolidations and multi-currency accounting.
Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely to audiences of varying technical or accounting levels.
Ability to work effectively in geographically dispersed cross-functional teams.
Strong Microsoft software Office skills (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
Knowledge of project management skills, SharePoint.
Regulatory Reporting knowledge strongly preferred.
University Degree in Finance related subject preferred.