Data Modeler Business Analyst
Standard / Permanent
The Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards (“EPS”) for Foreign Banking Organizations (“FBOs”) finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
IHC is created primarily for satisfying US regulatory reporting requirements. Data is the key support generation of these reports. To this end, IHC creates a project to build an enterprise data warehouse (EDW). Data Provisioning team is responsible for data ingestion to EDW as well as relevant control mechanisms. As part of the Data Provisioning team, the Data Architecture team is responsible for providing sounding data architectural and transversal solutions. The team is responsible for the success of IT Transversal projects including developing and executing data warehouse related projects.
Define, develop and maintain Data Architectural and IT Transversal solutions
Conduct business analysis (study and functional writing) to support IT Transversal initiatives
Provide project management expertise
Provide technical support and troubleshooting to IHC staff and end users of IT Transversal solutions
Work together with the business intelligence team to design and develop reporting and dashboard solutions
Work with various global technology teams and local US teams to support IHC initiatives
Provide guidance to the customer and project teams with respect to technical feasibility, complexity, and workload effort required to deliver solutions
Create and maintain detailed technical documentation on developments
Analysis on data source data
Model and map source data to an industry standard data model such as OFSAA
Education / Experience
· BS in Computer Science or related IT field, or equivalent work experience required.
· Experience: 3-5 years development experiences in building large scale data warehouse.
· Strong data analyses skills and proficient in SQL writing.
· Ability to translate business requirements into IT requirements
· In depth working experience with at least one data base e.g. Oracle.
· Strong data model capability. Familiarity with Oracle OFSAA is a big plus, but not a prerequisite.
· Ability to use project management tool such MS Project to help run or coordinate a project
· Good experience in financial industry is desirable. Familiarity with investment banking data is a big plus.
· Experience in data integration (ETL / API)
· Knowledge with core ETL development technologies such as Informatics is desirable
· Ability to analyse and understand data flows and derives a data architectural solution
- Highly motivated and delivery focused
- Solution centric mindset and creativity
- Shows initiative, autonomy, self-motivated, self-starter
- Experience working successfully in a multicultural environment
· Excellent communication skills and ability to deal effectively with customers
· Proven ability to pick up new technologies independently and quickly
· Excellent analytical skills