Building Surveying - Graduate Programme - London
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
We are looking for talented and ambitious individuals who have the desire to help us achieve our goals and can demonstrate the attributes that are fundamental to becoming a successful Building Surveyor.
The Graduate Programme supports Graduates to become a Chartered Building Surveyor. The programme generally takes on average two years to complete. You will be assigned a Buddy, Supervisor and Counsellor upon joining the Company.
Training and development
Full APC training via the department and support for all graduates
Pre-APC mock interviews/presentation training
Critical analysis workshops and support
Revision lectures and seminars
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) lectures
A good social and work life balance
To work on day to day tasks as set by line manager and APC supervisor.
To take responsibility for work and projects as appropriate to the team/department in which they currently work.
To liaise with APC supervisor and counsellor on a regular basis to discuss progress towards the APC.
First class ability to prioritise and manage own workload
Delivery to client
Relevant understanding of business/departmental context.
Accuracy and quality of reporting to clients.
Is responsive to the needs of the client and looks for ways to improve products and services
Is proactive in building relationships with internal and external service providers and responsive and helpful to external clients.
Has a small network of internal and external contacts.
Shares expertise with colleagues
Proactively communicates to colleagues and others.
Works collaboratively with others in a team.
Ability to work flexibly, on own initiative and as part of a team
Ability to manage relationships with tact and diplomacy
Awareness of Equal Opportunities
- Competent using all Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Interpersonal skills – confident communicators with the ability to express opinions clearly and convincingly
- Achievement/determination – strong track record of academic and personal achievement
- Motivated and committed to a career within Surveying
- Analytical capability – good problem-solving skills and logical approach
RICS accredited degree in Building Consultancy - 2:1 or above, achieved or predicted
Relevant property work experience
- Applications will be processed on an on-going basis with the deadline for applications currently as December 21st 2016
- Face to Face interviews will be held
- Ideal start date is September 2017