Standard / Permanent
The RISK ORC CB&A (Corporate Banking and Advisory) APAC team is acting as the 2nd Line of Defence for all CIB Corporate Banking activities carried out in the region with the key role to provide relevant RISK and CB senior management transparent, exhaustive, and consistent front to back view of Operational RISK across CB APAC regional activities.
Scope of coverage of the team in terms of responsibilities :
· CB organization with risk booked in APAC entities
· CB financing metiers/product lines as risk taking units, with P&Ls, risk and resources management ownership.
· Functions supporting the front-to-back activities of relevant CIB financing métiers activities such as Coverages, ITO financing solutions, Client Management etc.
Front-to-back operational risk
· Front-to-back process covers the process of establishing and maintaining a relationship with corporate client until its termination under respective business domains. It typically includes client origination, on-boarding, product structuring and marketing, credit process control and risk monitoring, transaction capturing and maintenance.
· Operational Risk as defined by Basle II and follows internal governance of collaboration and articulation with other transversal Risk ORC teams (anti-fraud, control testing, third party) and other Independent Functions.
Key Responsibilities of the Position
To form strong business partnership with senior management and key stakeholders of 1st LoD in performing its key local and regional responsibilities :
· APAC Regional Business and Functions located in APAC territories for critical assessment of regional control framework of 1st LoD.
· Regional supervision and co-ordination of thematic controls on specific topics as assigned from time to time
Key Responsibilities for above scope
1. Normative Framework
· Definition of the normative framework regarding Potential Incident identification and quantification.
· Proactively supervise the permanent control and the OR measurement & management framework and processes
· Contribute to regulatory-watch liaising with local CIB watch-tower teams and Countries COO, and be proactive in anticipating operational risks evolution in light of business evolution, changes of organization, policy, external environment and local regulatory requirements. Impulsion/revision of generic control plan in discussion with the 1st LoD. when needed
2. Supervision of the 1st line
· Assist and advise the 1st Line of Defence in APAC on the extension of OR framework, and ensure its compliance with Group & CIB guidelines, as well as its appropriate calibration to manage key risk areas
· Support 1st Line of Defence (LoD1) on OR matters in liaison with relevant RISK ORC CB APAC & other teams
· Proactively disseminate OR culture, contribute to LoD1 training, develop a strong partnership with LoD1 key stakeholders.
3. Independent Testing
· Establish the generic 2nd level control plan for the responsible scope – to be run by Risk ORC Transversal Control team & follow up of KRIs in order to take proper mitigation actions
· Alert on attention points resulting from 1st & 2nd level controls
· Propose and co-ordinate thematic controls, local assessments and oversights.
4. Challenge and sign-off
· Critical analysis on HI collection & follow up on related action plan
· Challenge 1st LoD controls and remediation action plans
· Participation to Corporate Banking TAC NAC in co-ordination with Regional Head and sign off on OR according to Risk ORC delegation in force
· Ensure the correct implementation and application of Group & APAC governance (e.g. in terms of ICC and OR related committees, OR committees, etc)
· Act as the key SPOC within the RISK ORC community on related topics (in relation with framework evolutions or RISK management)
· Contribute to RISK ORC Group & CIB global initiatives (e.g. projects)
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
· In-depth CIB-metier, products and processes knowledge
· Sensitivity and/or experience in operational risk
· Knowledge of regulatory requirements
· Analytical skills & synthesis ability
· Strong interpersonal skills (communication, negotiation, influencing skills)
· Fluent English
University graduate with at least 6 - 10 years of relevant experience in risk management, control function, preferably with relevant exposure to consulting or audit background.
Prior experience or practical understanding in previous roles may include but not limited to Front/Middle/Back Office, Operations or Functional role(s) in Corporate Institutional Banking.
Preferred candidates should possess robust knowledge of banking products in the area of Investment Banking.