AVP, Capital Markets Inspector, IG Hub APAC
Standard / Permanent
Within the BNP Paribas Group, Inspection Générale is recognized as a key talent pool and a stimulating environment for a continued professional development.
Considered as the third and ultimate line of defense of the Group, our function’s focus is to help the Group accomplish its objectives and strategy by bringing a disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the overall strategy and governance, risk management, and effectiveness of the controls.
In Asia Pacific, Inspection Générale is strongly represented and includes in particular a team of specialized inspectors dedicated to Capital Markets activities (Global Markets and ALMT). This team is also a permanent member of the Group Markets and Models audit line community.
In this context, we continuously look for talented individuals with a solid knowledge of Capital
Markets activities and who want to grow within the Group and benefit from a broad range of career opportunities and increasing responsibilities.
Successful candidates will initially operate as a member of a highly qualified team of specialized inspectors. Having performed successfully in this role, you will have the opportunity to progress within Inspection Générale and assume managerial responsibilities as a Head of Assignment.
Joining our Capital Markets team of inspectors is a great opportunity to:
- Leverage on the expertise acquired as part of your previous experiences,
- Widen your knowledge and acquire a holistic understanding of Capital Markets activities,
- Develop new skills including management skills, and
- Gain material exposure to the senior management of the Group and build a strong professional network.
- Participate to the Inspection team assignments and special reviews (when required by regulators, business lines, or senior management)
- Contribute to the planning and preparation of the assignment e.g. understanding the methodology to be applied, acquiring a high level knowledge of the activities to be covered, gathering relevant key figures, etc.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the activities within the scope of the assignment, its strategy and governance, and the related risks.
- Evaluate the overall setup and identify the main areas of risk (including a comprehensive assessment of the management actions).
- Recommend appropriate actions to the management in order to remediate the identified weaknesses.
- Formalize the results of the assignment investigations and contribute to the production of the assignment deliverables.
- Present the conclusions of the assignment fieldwork to the senior management.
- Review the implementation of the Inspection Générale recommendations
- Review and challenge the actions defined to remediate the weaknesses identified by the Inspection team through its assignments.
- Contribute to the periodic risk assessment of Capital Markets activities and planning
- Perform a periodic and comprehensive risk assessment of the Capital Markets activities as per the Group guidelines.
- Keep abreast of change/new development of regulatory requirements that are relevant to Capital Markets activities and related functions.
- Assist in the elaboration of the Capital Markets Inspection planning following a risk-based approach.
- Participate in the Markets and Models audit line events
- Attend the Markets and Models community event organized annually at the head office level.
- Contribute to the improvement of the Inspection Générale practices through the elaboration and update of our methodologies.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
- Strong technical background in Capital Markets activities.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Curiosity, rigor, and precision.
- Ability to synthesize.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills (in English).
- High level of initiative, commitment, and drive.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and within short deadlines.
- Promotes a constructive, cooperative, and participative teamwork environment
Specific Qualifications Required
- Master degree in relevant areas (Banking, Capital Markets, engineering, applied mathematics, etc.).
- An experience of 3-5 years in Capital Markets activities and/or related support or control functions (prior audit experiences are considered but are not specifically required).
- Traveling is required for 30% of the time at least.
- Strong commitment and hard work are essential to this role.