AVP/Associate, Liquidity Advisor
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Corporate Deposit and Liquidity (“CDL”) is a dynamic and high-profile Business Line within Corporate and Institutional Banking, reporting directly to the CEO of BNP Paribas APAC.
The team is responsible for the self-funding of the Corporate Bank. This objective is achieved through deposits initiatives and strategies for corporate client segments, aiming at raising ambitious levels of deposits, at an acceptable overall cost and with an adequate level of granularity and stickiness, in all markets and currencies in which we operate. The team also contributes actively to the deepening and widening of our corporate clients portfolio.
To achieve the objectives above, CDL APAC works in close coordination with all Heads of Countries, Coverage teams, and Business Lines’ Sales teams, raising deposits from corporate clients and marketing the Bank’s corporate liquidity product offering. CDL APAC is an important stakeholder for regional and local ALCOs, and works closely with the ALM Treasury department.
The Liquidity Advisor is a corporate liquidity expert in charge of deposit gathering activities in the one or more APAC countries for which he / she is responsible.
In that role, he or she will work closely with the Head of Country, Coverage teams, and Business Lines’ Sales teams (Cash Management and Global Markets) and will participate in all Country forums related to liquidity including the ALCO.
The role covers:
- definition and alignment of deposit targets
- building and communication of analytical insights on deposit gathering performance and on market intelligence
- developing and driving deposit collection campaigns, pricing and market strategies
- deal structuring, pricing and marketing including for Liquidity Management RFPs
- advisory on liquidity topics, internally to stakeholders and externally to clients
Stakeholder management, communication and credibility are central to this job.
The main deliverables are participation to liquidity steering committees, taking swift and informed pricing decisions and delivering clear messages based on a thorough knowledge of the Bank’s balance sheet and liquidity position including currencies and tenor mismatches.
The role implies a steep learning curve, linking back complex information on deposits and liquidity with our long-term business strategy and immediate, market-driven challenges. Finally, the role is about change management, which requires live interaction with partners in business and build-up of long-term rapports with key stakeholders.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
- Client facing experience with a positive, energetic personality - Essential
- Excellent client communication and presentation skills – Essential
- Strategic thinker with the ability to motivate and drive innovative / tactical execution – Essential
- Problem solving approach to technical solutions – Essential
- Strong analytical skills and precision – Essential
- Strong knowledge on Cash Management, Working Capital Management and/or Corporate Treasury function - Essential
- Team player– Essential
- Liquidity Management experience– Important
- Knowledge and experience of the Bank Treasury and ALM functions through direct previous interaction – Important
- Strong command of market trends and regulations related to cash management, liquidity and investment products – Important
- Familiar with Asia Regulatory / Restriction – Important
Specific Qualifications Required
- Strong academic record at bachelor (or master degree) level in business, economics, finance, financial engineering or related field from a well-recognized institution
- 3 – 8 years in the banking or financial services industry
- Keen learner profile with an interest in the corporate banking business
- Excellent communication, power point and excel skills, supported by a good eye for details, basic common sense and a zest of creativity
- Proven strategic and analytical skills with a strong appetite for finding facts and offering solutions
- Good interpersonal skills and strong cross-cultural awareness
- Qualification towards CFA or FRM will be considered positively