Automated Client Execution Trader
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas’ Global Markets business offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rate, credit, currency, equities & commodity markets. Global Markets help their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. Their client base comprises of hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations.
Global Markets has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all of the world’s currencies. Their global network comprises more than 3,700 professionals working on our six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. They are supported by regional offices throughout Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
Overall Job Purpose
The purpose of the Automated Client Execution desk is to manage and service all trading activity that needs to be segregated from the traditional principle market-making/trading desk. The aim to provide a fully automated transparent service to both internal and external clients of the bank. Ace Services will include:
- Management of all Risk-Less trading Activity
- Management of Automated Hedging Strategies for Sensitive order flow
- Management of Sensitive Client Flow/Order Information
Key Responsibilities and approximates time split
- Monitoring and Operational Capacity, specifically book keeping and monitoring of live trading books.
- Cover any excess positions that materialize in the live trading books (As defined in the trading mandate).
- Partnership with marketing desks
- Manage and Monitor Active Client Orders.
- Monitor and produce MIS on all ACE activities (Quant analytics)
- To become the local expert in their respective regions.
- Troubleshoot any issues around execution.
- Assist in the design and development of automated strategies.
- Manage any residual position in all iX portfolios.
- Report daily PnL to management.
- To protect sensitive client order information from the principle trading desks.
Essential Experience (in order of importance)
- Graduate applicant preferred and should be hold a degree with an internationally recognized university in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, engineering, physics, statistics, etc preferred)
- Knowledge of financial markets with a strong interest in FX Spot
- Preferred experience with electronic trading platforms
- Preferred experience managing, pricing and market-making financial credits
- Experience in a computer language (R, Python, ect) to provide quant analytics
- Works collaboratively with Sales, IT and Research teams
- Understands and values all business and transaction related risks, including market, credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputation risks.
- Focuses on trades with the right profitability and risk/reward balance.
- Excel skills (VBA/Macro Level)
Essential Skills/ Competencies
Drive for results - Delivers high quality work
Risk awareness - Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts. Always considers risk in his/her daily activities and abides by the Key Front Officer Responsibilities, where relevant
Corporate role model, integrity & ethics - Acts with discipline and high ethical standards
Team player & cross cultural awareness - Works effectively in a team. Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders
Client focus - Sees stakeholders as well as external clients as “customers”
Market, product & business - Is genuinely interested in financial markets and continually learning and staying abreast of new developments. Evidences a good appreciation of economics and market dynamics, with enough understanding to present views on market conditions and trends
Business risk - Understands the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational risks of transactions he/she managers
Essential personal skills
Diligence - Displays dedication and prioritises problems by considering the impact on the business; identifies quick-wins
Resilience - Stays calm and positive, controls his/her emotions in conflict or any situation of intense stress (due to market, time or client pressure).
Communication (Active listener and clear communicator) - Communicates clearly in both native and English languages. Communicates pro-actively with management, escalating issues as necessary.
Innovation - Thinks laterally to identify other sources of useful information and sees ways around obstacles and barriers.