Auditor (Global Markets)
Standard / Permanent
Business Area Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 185,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 20,000 employees in over 45 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe, but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
You will operate as a member of a highly qualified team of approximately 75 auditors. The Hub’s remit is to provide audit and consultancy services to the Businesses, Operations and Functions in France, UK, Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Middle-East and South Africa in close liaison with Senior Management and Head Office entities. The main focus is to help the organisation accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. Our Audit Hub provides employees with an excellent grounding in all aspects of the business, and regular interaction with Management enables strong relationships to be built.
Each auditor is assigned to a team which, whilst part of the Hub, has a particular focus on defined business line(s) and/or function(s). As a member of the Global Markets audit team (with approximately 20 auditors across Paris and London), you will have responsibility for undertaking audit reviews for all associated activities as part of a wider team. A fundamental attribute of the role is possession of either strong business knowledge from a Global Markets front office perspective or significant technical expertise from a directly related control Function (ideally market risk).
Overall Job Purpose
You will play an active role in the Audit Hub, performing risk-based audit reviews and recommending solutions to identify issues and weaknesses within the company.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Performing audit reviews
• Taking part to the continuous risk assessment exercise
• Following up recommendations
• Participating in control related ad-hoc projects and investigations
Main tasks are to be performed in line with professional standards of the IIA and Group internal guidelines, and comprise the following:
• Having a thorough mastery of audit techniques, delivering relevant analysis and conclusions supported by comprehensive and value-added working papers and reports;
• Contributing to quality and effectiveness within the Business by providing pertinent feedback supported by practical and balanced solutions to issues;
• Developing constructive relationships with auditees;
• Proposing and implementing improvement measures within the team to drive the quality of our deliverables to the highest achievable standards
Having performed successfully in this role, you will have the benefit of a broad range of career opportunities within the Group - both within Inspection Générale, and wider Business Lines, Operations and Functions, in the UK and abroad. A comprehensive training programme is in place to ensure continued professional development.
• Strong academic background
• Significant practical experience of working within a Front Office environment (ideally trading, sales, structuring or research) or a directly related control Function (ideally on market risk)
• Deep knowledge of financial markets and capital markets products
• Strong understanding of credit, market and liquidity risk topics
Essential Skills / Competencies
• Ability to work within a close-knit team
• Curiosity, rigor, ability to synthesize
• High level of initiative and drive
• Committed, self-driven and ability to work under pressure
• First class interpersonal and communication skills
• Outstanding analytical skills
• Willingness to undertake travel as required (mainly UK / Paris-based)
• French language skills advantageous