Associate - Trade Processing (Middle Office Operations)
Standard / Permanent
With a presence in over 80 countries and employing over 200,000 staff, BNP Paribas is one of the biggest banks in the world, ranking highly in its three core business areas: Retail Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking and Investment Solutions.
BNP Paribas Securities Services
A wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Securities Services is a leading global custodian and securities services provider backed by the strength of a universal bank (rated AA- by Standard and Poor’s). It has USD 5,800 billion assets under custody, USD 1,000 billion assets under administration and administers close to 7000 funds. BNP Paribas Securities Services (Securities Services) has a unique multi-local model, servicing both the buy-side (the institutional investors and the fund managers) and sell-side (the broker-dealers community and the banks) with 7,700 employees worldwide representing 92 nationalities, a local presence across 34 countries, 22 proprietary local custody and clearing branches and global coverage of over 100 markets.
Securities Services Chennai Hub
One of the three international operations centers, BNP Paribas Global Securities Operations (GSO) provides services to global clients in the Asian region and some “follow-the-sun” activities for European clients. Our services include custody operations, fund accounting, middle office operations, static data management, IRP and other transversal services.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Working as a member of the Trade Processing team including trade capture and settlement
- Process Global Security transactions on the Global trade processing platforms within given deadlines
- Interact with both internal and external parties to resolve trade confirmation and settlement queries
- Participate and help management in the Audit, Projects
- Capture and confirm Equity and Fixed Income trades from the client in a timely and accurate manner thus ensuring timely settlement and accounting
- Ensure that all trades are matched within market/client deadlines
- Ensure client positions are correct and all transactions are processed
- Query resolution in accordance with time frames set out in Client SLA’s
- Work with the Custodians and brokers to capture failed trades
- Resolve failed trade queries proactively
- Ensure all errors/break down of procedure are documented as per BNP Paribas policy
- Active involvement in Projects
- Extensive communication with Internal & External parties.
Educational qualifications: College Degree, preferably a Master’s degree in Commerce or MBA (Finance)
Total years of experience: 0-2 years
Relevant years of experience: 1-2 years for Associate Level I
Knowledge and skills required
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, and solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks, and meets strict deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and strong MS-Word & Excel skills required.
- To be based in Chennai and prepared to travel as required.
- Must be prepared to work in any shift supporting Asia/Americas/European business hours.
- Capacity to deal with high volumes of activity
- Prioritization and notion of risk
- Knowledge of activities in other departments
- Team Spirit – Should be a good team player
- Capacity to handle issues during crisis and otherwise
- Should handle pressurized situations
- Job specific competencies
Complete commitment to provide professional, intelligent and timely responses to our clients’ needs and to changes in the market.
Oral: Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting communication style to match the needs of the audience.
Written: Expressing ideas clearly in all written documents. Using professional, appropriate language at all times, and adhering to the use of the BNPP Email Protocols.
Work effectively with team members to accomplish goals, Respect the needs of others and displays integrity in dealing with team members.
Continuous Improvement and adaptation
Generate creative solutions to problems, Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload in an organized manner. Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.