Associate - Structured Debt Oil & Gas
Standard / Permanent
Structured Debt Origination – Oil & Gas (“SDO O&G”) is responsible for originating, executing and monitoring structured debt financing transactions covering the oil & gas upstream and midstream sector in North and Latin Americas. Client base is diversified and includes notably junior independent players, large corporates investment funds and MLPs.
As a structured debt product specialist, SDO O&G works in partnership with coverage bankers to proactively manage its existing portfolio and client relationships and to source new financing mandates.
• Develop marketing pitches and indicative financing proposals for HY midstream companies.
• Assess risk return parameters and secure internal approval from the business line
Execution / monitoring :
• Responsible for structuring of deals and technical due diligence
• Contribute to or, for counterparties in Latin America, prepare credit proposals for new transactions, annual reviews or amendments.
• Perform financial modeling and run cash flow sensitivities for transactions
• Interact with external consultants (in particular petroleum engineers), other deal participants and internal and external auditors
• Review legal documentation and manage legal due diligence process in conjunction with in-house and/or external counsel.
• Liaise with the Bank’s Restructuring Team and with external financial and legal advisors for distressed transactions.
• Strong interaction with Risk Corporate, Coverage, Credit Execution and other Product Teams
• Participate in client calls including bank meetings
• Prepare budget / presentations for top management and maintain reporting related to portfolio
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Finance or Accounting) required. MBA a plus.
• Minimum of 2-3 years prior experience in a corporate banking environment.
• Strong analytical skills, including financial and credit analysis.
• Good understanding of the energy sector. E&P, reserve based lending and midstream. knowledge is a strong plus.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially financial modeling skills in Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.