Associate Level 1 - Investment Performance & Reporting
Standard / Permanent
With a presence in over 80 countries and employing over 200,000 staff, BNP Paribas is one of the biggest banks in the world, ranking highly in its three core business areas: Retail Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking and Investment Solutions.
BNP Paribas Securities Services
A wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Securities Services is a leading global custodian and securities services provider backed by the strength of a universal bank (rated AA- by Standard and Poor’s). It has USD 5,800 billion assets under custody, USD 1,000 billion assets under administration and administers close to 7000 funds. BNP Paribas Securities Services (Securities Services) has a unique multi-local model, servicing both the buy-side (the institutional investors and the fund managers) and sell-side (the broker-dealers community and the banks) with 7,700 employees worldwide representing 92 nationalities, a local presence across 34 countries, 22 proprietary local custody and clearing branches and global coverage of over 100 markets.
Securities Services Chennai Hub
One of the three international operations centers, BNP Paribas Global Securities Operations (GSO) provides services to global clients in the Asian region and some “follow-the-sun” activities for European clients. Our services include custody operations, fund accounting, middle office operations, static data management, IRP and other transversal services.
INVESTMENT REPORTING and PERFORMANCE Department (IRP)
Investment Reporting and Performance (IRP) team is a department of BNP Paribas Securities Services providing performances and reporting services to Asset Managers and Institutional clients. By size and market, IRP is the European leader. Services provided by IRP include state of the art performances and risks calculations delivered on line or through wide range of reports (accounting packs, Factsheets, Investment reviews,..) or data feeds. IRP Global Team Structure is as follows:
270 IRP team members mainly centralized in Paris (173), with 97 other roles ensuring services in UK,BE, NL, AU, HK, US, NZ & DE
Due to its specific market flexibility requirements IRP has his dedicated development resources and teams are composed of 50% Analysts (OPS), 25% Business Analyst and 25% IT
IRP has defined a strategic plan which includes the creation of a Hub in Chennai. Target is to rampup about 150 roles in the coming years, with about 1/3 OPS, 1/3 BA and 1/3 IT. Implementation of Chennai hub is critical for BP2S and it is expected from all IRP Chennai team members that they provide to the other locations best in class quality service. IRP Chennai deliverables include:
BackOffice Support to the performances and reporting services provided by the other IRP Locations,
Performances and reporting services directly provided to clients in the Asian region,
Development and maintenance of the IRP systems (Large majority of IRP systems is developed in-house)
Roles & Responsibilities
- Coordination and chair of the weekly Silk Meeting including preparation of required materials,
- Phileas plan coordination in relation with Chennai and Paris teams,
- Preparation of Chennai contribution to IRP global MI Pack,
- Maintenance of IRP Chennai Succession Plan,
- Maintenance of the IRP Chennai Governance map (see enclosed sample),
- Creation of Chennai KPI's and Incident log,
- Maintenance of the IRP Job Descriptions library
- Maintenance of the IRP Management library,
- Travel and visa coordination (Chennai teams travel travelling to locations and locations travelling to Chennai),
- Maintenance of staffing files including organisation file,
- Managment of BCP and ERS,
- Control on Stationary
- Coordination of move to new building (temporary role),
Onboarding and Training
- Managing training team,
- Managing IRP Training catalog and organising training sessions,
- Gathering IRP training requirement and coordinating with GSO L&D on TNA,
- Maintenance of the Skills Matrix
- Coordination of Seating, Hardware and Access requirements for joining staff,
- Coordination with IRP Global Finance and GSO Finance,
- Managing Cost Center transfer in relation with GSO Finance
- Sodhexo coupons (temporary role)
- Job Requirements
Number of staff supervised: None
Educational qualifications: MBA or equivalent
Total years of experience: 3 - 5 years
Relevant years of experience: Minimum 3 years
Knowledge and skills required
- Strong understanding of financial markets, investment management and asset management
- Knowledge of performance attribution analysis, and calculation methods.
- Knowledge of statistical risk measures and how to calculate them.
- Excel, VBA
- Bloomberg, DataStream
- Portfolio reporting appreciated,
- Fund accounting understanding
- Effective communications skills. Good written and spoken English.
- Autonomy and self-motivated
- Willingness to travel up to a maximum of 20%
Job specific competencies
Complete commitment to provide professional, intelligent and timely responses to our clients’ needs and to changes in the market.
Oral: Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting communication style to match the needs of the audience.
Written: Expressing ideas clearly in all written documents. Using professional, appropriate language at all times, and adhering to the use of the BNPP Email Protocols.
Work effectively with team members to accomplish goals, Respect the needs of others and displays integrity in dealing with team members.
Continuous Improvement and adaptation
Generate creative solutions to problems, Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload in an organized manner. Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.