Associate Level 1 - Agency Lending (Market & Financial Services)
Standard / Permanent
With a presence in over 80 countries and employing over 200,000 staff, BNP Paribas is one of the biggest banks in the world, ranking highly in its three core business areas: Retail Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking and Investment Solutions.
BNP Paribas Securities Services
A wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Securities Services is a leading global custodian and securities services provider backed by the strength of a universal bank (rated AA- by Standard and Poor’s). It has USD 5,800 billion assets under custody, USD 1,000 billion assets under administration and administers close to 7000 funds. BNP Paribas Securities Services (Securities Services) has a unique multi-local model, servicing both the buy-side (the institutional investors and the fund managers) and sell-side (the broker-dealers community and the banks) with 7,700 employees worldwide representing 92 nationalities, a local presence across 34 countries, 22 proprietary local custody and clearing branches and global coverage of over 100 markets.
Securities Services Chennai Hub
One of the three international operations centers, BNP Paribas Sundaram Global Securities Operations (GSO) provides services to global clients in the Asian region and some “follow-the-sun” activities for European clients. Our services include custody operations, fund accounting, middle office operations, static data management, IRP and other transversal services.
Roles and responsibilities
- Keep up and manage every operational aspects linked to the activity of agency Lending. (Loan deliveries, loan returns, recalls)
- Book loan return on Crest market
- Correct breaks in the reconciliation in collaboration with reconciliation team
- Maintain quality relationship with operational team of every global custody of each branch of BNP PARIBAS SECURITIES SERVICES, with external stakeholders like counterparties and also with our traders.
- Be in charge of static related to settlement
- Ensure all the settlement reporting
- Check the exposures on client funds during the day
- Manage daily call margins with brokers and with triparty agents
- Book the collateral movement on trading system
- Ensure the clearing and settlement of securities received in collateral
- Ensure a daily/monthly report for lendable funds
- Check and edit the invoices
- Send all the invoices to the brokers at the beginning of the month
- Investigate and solved all the price breaks with the front office, the settlement team and the corporate action team.
- Agree with brokers the final figures to receive.
- Follow the payments of the brokers
- Paid the funds
- Prepare accounting journals for PNL accounts
- Send correct client reporting
- Manage static data: set up client, broker, and account in agency lending systems
- Provide a good reconciliation of security accounts
- Provide a correct reconciliation of cash account (Claim accounts, Fees account, Collateral accounts, DBV account, and Cash pool)
- Book correct accounting entries
- Guarantee monthly justification to finance control team
- Follow corporate actions announcements on loan positions
- Book necessary actions in the system
- Collect and submit clients corporate action instructions to the counterparties
- Issue all the claims to the counterparty; follow the payments from the brokers
- Investigate on breaks with the global custody
- Make the reconciliation of cash accounts
Educational qualifications: College Degree, preferably a Master’s degree in Commerce or MBA (Finance)
Total years of experience: 0-1 year
Knowledge and skills required
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, and solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks, and meets strict deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and strong MS Excel skills required.
- Knowledge on Corporate Actions and Dividend, global markets
- Knowledge on Settlement
- Knowledge in cash and stock reconciliation
- Knowledge in Intellimatch system
- Job specific competencies
Complete commitment to provide professional, intelligent and timely responses to our clients’ needs and to changes in the market.
Oral: Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting communication style to match the needs of the audience.
Written: Expressing ideas clearly in all written documents. Using professional, appropriate language at all times, and adhering to the use of the BNPP Email Protocols.
Work effectively with team members to accomplish goals, Respect the needs of others and displays integrity in dealing with team members.
Continuous Improvement and adaptation
Generate creative solutions to problems, Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload in an organized manner. Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.