With a presence in over 80 countries and employing over 200,000 staff, BNP Paribas is one of the biggest banks in the world, ranking highly in its three core business areas: Retail Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking and Investment Solutions.
BNP Paribas Securities Services
A wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Securities Services is a leading global custodian and securities services provider backed by the strength of a universal bank (rated AA- by Standard and Poor’s). It has USD 5,800 billion assets under custody, USD 1,000 billion assets under administration and administers close to 7000 funds. BNP Paribas Securities Services (Securities Services) has a unique multi-local model, servicing both the buy-side (the institutional investors and the fund managers) and sell-side (the broker-dealers community and the banks) with 7,700 employees worldwide representing 92 nationalities, a local presence across 34 countries, 22 proprietary local custody and clearing branches and global coverage of over 100 markets.
Securities Services Chennai Hub
One of the three international operations centers, BNP Paribas Sundaram Global Securities Operations (GSO) provides services to global clients in the Asian region and some “follow-the-sun” activities for European clients. Our services include custody operations, fund accounting, middle office operations, static data management, IRP and other transversal services.
INVESTMENT REPORTING and PERFORMANCE Department (IRP)
Investment Reporting and Performance (IRP) team is a department of BNP Paribas Securities Services providing performances and reporting services to Asset Managers and Institutional clients. By size and market, IRP is the European leader. Services provided by IRP include state of the art performances and risks calculations delivered on line or through wide range of reports (accounting packs, Factsheets, Investment reviews,..) or data feeds. IRP Global Team Structure is as follows:
270 IRP team members mainly centralized in Paris (173), with 97 other roles ensuring services in UK,BE, NL, AU, HK, US, NZ & DE
Due to its specific market flexibility requirements IRP has his dedicated development resources and teams are composed of 50% Analysts (OPS), 25% Business Analyst and 25% IT
IRP has defined a strategic plan which includes the creation of a Hub in Chennai. Target is to rampup about 150 roles in the coming years, with about 1/3 OPS, 1/3 BA and 1/3 IT. Implementation of Chennai hub is critical for BP2S and it is expected from all IRP Chennai team members that they provide to the other locations best in class quality service. IRP Chennai deliverables include:
BackOffice Support to the performances and reporting services provided by the other IRP Locations,
Performances and reporting services directly provided to clients in the Asian region,
Development and maintenance of the IRP systems (Large majority of IRP systems is developed in-house)
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsibilities related to monthly service delivery
- Gathering and check of portfolio data received from Accounting(Hiport, Multifonds,others…), Client/Market analytics (Bloomberg, factset), manager commentaries
- Calculation and Check of performances and risk figures in accordance with the industry standards (GIPS) as well as client service level agreement (SLA) requirements: Total/NAV returns, performances breakdowns, performance attribution, ex-ante and ex-post risk,
- Generation and distribution of reports (Factsheets, Investment Reviews, Accounting Packs, Management reporting) data to third parties (ie: feeds to the clients internet sites) or other outputs (Investment Grids)
- Responsibilities related to daily service delivery: IRP is in the process of defining a new set of daily on line services accessible via Internet implying a new set of monitoring and control services to be handled by IRP Chennai OPS team.
- Management of relation with the Client or the internal IRP team receiving the services
- Managing the relation and answering client queries,
- Maintain the client service KPI’s,
- Participating and organizing regular client services reviews
- Maintain high level of understanding of the client requirements an concerns
- Business development
- Work in close cooperation with the global and local (AsiaPac) client development teams for supporting sales process and RFP’s
- Management of production KPI’s, follow up of queries
- Participation to IRP Systems evolution
- Definition of requirements
- Participation to acceptance
- Synchronization of new releases deliveries with end client/user
- Development of the BPSS Performance Measurement Systems – IRP,
- Recommend and implement improvements to service for both clients and BPSS Investment, in terms of efficiencies and new products and services,
- Ensure a robust and automated performance process in a controlled environment,
- Investigate, document, report and resolve issues and recommend corrective action where appropriate.
- Job Requirements
Number of staff supervised: None
Educational qualifications: MBA or equivalent
Total years of experience: 3 - 5 years
Relevant years of experience: Minimum 1 year
Knowledge and skills required
- Strong understanding of financial markets, investment management and asset management
- Knowledge of performance attribution analysis, and calculation methods.
- Knowledge of statistical risk measures and how to calculate them.
- Excel, VBA
- Bloomberg, DataStream
- Portfolio reporting appreciated,
- Fund accounting understanding
- Effective communications skills. Good written and spoken English.
- Autonomy and self-motivated
- Willingness to travel up to a maximum of 20%
Job specific competencies
Complete commitment to provide professional, intelligent and timely responses to our clients’ needs and to changes in the market.
Oral: Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting communication style to match the needs of the audience.
Written: Expressing ideas clearly in all written documents. Using professional, appropriate language at all times, and adhering to the use of the BNPP Email Protocols.
Work effectively with team members to accomplish goals, Respect the needs of others and displays integrity in dealing with team members.
Continuous Improvement and adaptation
Generate creative solutions to problems, Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload in an organized manner. Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.