Associate - Event Planner - Global Markets
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas’ Global Markets (GM) business offers a
broad range of products and services in the global interest rate, credit, currency,
equities & commodity markets. Global Markets help their franchise of
clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their
exposure to risk. Their client base comprises of hundreds of corporations,
institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations.
Global Markets has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all of the world’s currencies. Their global network comprises more than 3,000 professionals working on our six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. They are supported by regional offices throughout Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
Support and elevate BNP Paribas' brand building initiatives by conceiving, planning and executing high impact client events, product symposia/seminars, industry conference sponsorship and internal events ranging in size and varying degrees of complexity. The position sits within the Marketing, Communications and Events team in Global Markets Americas and will report to the Head of Events.
- Manage all aspects of event planning including but not limited to venue research, site-selection/planning visits, vendor sourcing, contract negotiation, invitation generation, attendee management and overall logistical coordination (menus, setup, décor, audio visual, and activities).
- Become familiar with sales desks and their respective products in order to develop strategic events that support business goals and result in valued interaction between client and marketer.
- Proactively canvass marketers and marketing heads to identify the makeup of their clients in order to better determine clients' interests/preferences for entertainment, product education, etc.
- Research and identify industry - and sector - appropriate conferences that would further promote BNP Paribas’ capabilities and products. Once determined, work closely with conference organizers in planning logistics and managing processes to ensure successful execution
- Act as the Liaison between compliance and sales to ensure FINRA regulations are being followed
- Work closely with global counterparts to ensure consistency in event development and firm messaging
- Manage the bank’s reputational risk through high-quality, content driven events that position the bank favorably with clients
- Manage the creation of all event registration websites and conference apps
- Create and manage event budgets against overall yearly budget to ensure there is no overspending
- Ability to conduct effective meetings and interact effectively and efficiently with event hosts and clients
- post-event analysis and reporting
- Work directly with Senior Management and Executive Committee members to create content for events
- Develop concepts, proposals and corresponding budgets
The role requires a proactive individual with strong time management skills, and an ability to solve problems quickly in a fast-paced environment. An ideal candidate can work independently to meet project deadlines without depending on detailed supervised direction. Additionally, candidate must have knowledge of the banking industry and excellent oral and written communications skills.
Detail-oriented, highly organized team player with a minimum of 5 years industry experience
Must be able to work in a trading floor environment with tight deadlines and high volume of events
Must be able to think strategically; identify issues and offer creative, reasonable solutions
Ability to work with minimal supervision and have strong decision making skills
Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, and negotiation skills
Strong venue knowledge of upscale restaurants & hotels in Manhattan
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to work late hours and travel
Ability to manage budgets and negotiate with vendors
Prior experience in financial services is a plus
Bachelor’s Degree required
Must be willing and physically able to lift and move equipment (banners, boxes, equipment) as necessary
Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
CRM tools and analytical self-service tools
Knowledgeable of event apps
Social media expertise
FINRA LICENSES: NONE