Associate - Derivatives (Middle Office)
Standard / Permanent
With a presence in over 80 countries and employing over 200,000 staff, BNP Paribas is one of the biggest banks in the world, ranking highly in its three core business areas: Retail Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking and Investment Solutions.
BNP Paribas Securities Services
A wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Securities Services is a leading global custodian and securities services provider backed by the strength of a universal bank (rated AA- by Standard and Poor’s). It has USD 5,800 billion assets under custody, USD 1,000 billion assets under administration and administers close to 7000 funds. BNP Paribas Securities Services (Securities Services) has a unique multi-local model, servicing both the buy-side (the institutional investors and the fund managers) and sell-side (the broker-dealers community and the banks) with 7,700 employees worldwide representing 92 nationalities, a local presence across 34 countries, 22 proprietary local custody and clearing branches and global coverage of over 100 markets.
Securities Services Chennai Hub
One of the three international operations centers, BNP Paribas Sundaram Global Securities Operations (GSO) provides services to global clients in the Asian region and some “follow-the-sun” activities for European clients. Our services include custody operations, fund accounting, middle office operations, static data management, IRP and other transversal services.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Processing Derivative trades in internal systems.
- Providing trade notifications to third parties such as fund trustees.
- Resolving trade-related exceptions.
- ETD margin management and processing.
- CFD collateral management and processing.
- OTC collateral processing.
- Processing of accounting entries.
- Liaison with Paris OTC Hub team.
Reconciliation and Investigation
- Reconciling ETD and OTC positions and cash to clearing brokers.
- Reconciling CFD positions and cash to prime brokers.
- Reconciling OTC Cash Collateral to Brokers
- Investigating and resolving custodian cash exceptions for all 3 product classes.
- Escalating exceptions to appropriate processing team for resolution.
- Reporting of exceptions in line with internal control and external client requirements.
- ETD – Futures and options on all major exchanges globally.
- OTC – Swaps (IRS, CDS, CDX, Overnight Index, Inflation and Total Return), Swaptions, Options.
- CFD – Single-name, cross-currency, index.
Educational qualifications: College Degree, preferably a Master’s degree in Commerce or MBA (Finance)
Total years of experience: 0-2 years
Relevant years of experience: 1-2 years for Associate Level I
Knowledge and skills required
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, and solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks, and meets strict deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and strong MS Excel skills required.
- Thorough understanding of all Derivative product classes
Job specific competencies
Complete commitment to provide professional, intelligent and timely responses to our clients’ needs and to changes in the market.
Oral: Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting communication style to match the needs of the audience.
Written: Expressing ideas clearly in all written documents. Using professional, appropriate language at all times, and adhering to the use of the BNPP Email Protocols.
Work effectively with team members to accomplish goals, Respect the needs of others and displays integrity in dealing with team members.