Senior Analyst / Junior Associate, Corporate Finance ECM
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas Overview
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 200,000 people across 80 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
The role will be a part of the European Equity Capital Markets (ECM) Team within Corporate Finance and will support the team as a whole, including cash equity, equity-linked and syndication. ECM products include IPO, Rights Issue, Block Trade, Convertible Bond and other follow-on offerings or equity-linked issues.
- Assist in the origination and execution of Equity Capital Markets transactions;
- Prepare presentations and pitches;
Interact well with internal and external clients in both marketing and execution;
- Think commercially about a client’s business and identify new business opportunities;
- Challenge senior officers on both commercial and technical aspects of transactions
- Train newcomers at more junior level
Skills and Experience
Education and / or experience required:
• Strong academic background with a degree or similar from a leading European university or similar (a Masters degree considered to be an advantage)
• Previous senior analyst position in Corporate Finance (ECM or M&A) in a major investment bank is required
• IT literacy in Microsoft Office and experience in using investment banking databases a strong advantage (e.g.: Bloomberg, Thomson One Banker, Datastream)
• English (fluent) and competency in another European language an advantage
Theoretical knowledge and operational know how required:
• Knowledge of accounting, financial and valuation techniques
• Strong knowledge of equity and equity-linked products
• Solid understanding of financial markets
Main professional behaviours required:
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, can demonstrate good personal organisation and time management skills, able to work efficiently with rigour and take responsibility for her/his own work, have a strong determination and drive
• Primarily based in London, but must be able to travel within Europe