Associate - CIB Consulting
Standard / Permanent
Excited about working with executive management on strategic projects? CIB Consulting North America (“NA”) is an opportunity to experience a fast-paced investment banking environment while developing strategy as part of a global team.
CIB Consulting, first created in Paris in 2009, is a rapidly growing internal strategy team for CIB. CIB Consulting has a successful track record of over 100 assignments and has advised and supported its internal Executive Management around the globe on high-level strategic and transverse topics. CIB Consulting NA was launched in 2013 to work with the region’s C-suite leadership on their priority design, development and transformation initiatives. Projects can span multiple business lines, functions or regions with work on behalf of clients within CIB and IS.
Working at CIB Consulting NA is a high-intensity, high-impact experience similar in structure to top-tier consulting firms (McKinsey, Bain, BCG…), with access to the resources of a premier investment bank. CIB Consulting NA project staffing is lean, providing significant independence, exposure, and opportunity for innovation. Teams are highly collaborative both within CIB Consulting NA and during client interactions. Vice Presidents are expected to take leadership roles on critical projects, working with senior management while defining work streams for themselves and junior colleagues.
CIB Consulting NA is highly selective in the hiring process. Functional or business line expertise is desired in all candidates, but not a requirement. If you have a record of exceptional achievement and are seeking a unique experience blending strategy and investment banking, CIB Consulting NA is the ideal environment to develop your passion.
- Manage one or more project modules or smaller projects.
- Prepare and deliver presentations with respect to quality and deadlines.
- Contribute to building long-term client relationships.
- Manage junior colleagues within a project team.
Education and Work Qualifications:
- MBA from a top-ranked business school.
- Work experience: Minimum 4 years in strategy consulting or 6 + years in other consulting or 8 + years in banking.
- Develops well-structured frameworks to solve complex problems and provides guidance to efficiently complete projects.
- Defines, conducts and/or supervises the necessary research and analysis for a project module.
- Presents convincingly in client interactions.
- Provides slides, charts, and storylines that are client-ready.
Quality of Work:
- Ascertains quality of work of junior colleagues.
- Respects defined time schedule and monitors time management of junior colleagues.
- Develops an understanding of the client’s problems.
- Coaches junior colleagues and helps structure problems.
- Communicates all necessary information to the team.
Proactivity & Leadership:
- Proposes solutions to help solve client conflicts.
- Encourages and motivates junior colleagues towards distinctive work.