Standard / Permanent
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards (“EPS”) for Foreign Banking Organizations (“FBOs”) finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
- Accompany the Group’s development with a business-minded spirit
- Provide a fast, complete and reliable information on our risk profile
- Offer high quality risk management expertise to the Group’s stakeholders
- Foster risk anticipation and position RISK as a prospective watchtower
- Prepare the Group for high and higher regulatory expectations
Within the Risk stream ‘Enterprise Risk Architecture’ (Risk ERA), Risk ALM-T and Liquidity contributes to the definition of the risk framework surrounding ALMT activities and Group‘s liquidity management. Risk ALM-T and Liquidity also independently assess and monitor the Bank’s balance sheet liquidity risk management and the structural interest rate and FX risk framework
A) Contribute to the definition of the risk framework surrounding ALMT activities:
- Contribute to the definition of risk policies, procedures and overall governance, in order to efficiently manage the risks, both in business-as-usual and in stressed conditions
- Contribute to the definition of limits/guidelines; review them periodically in light of the actual risk profile.
- Define jointly with ALMT the prospective scenarios used to measure impact under stressed conditions as well as the early-warning signals to anticipate adverse market and/ or liquidity conditions.
B) Advise all levels of Group Management on risk decisions:
- Participate in the approval process of new activities and exceptional transactions either initiated by ALMT or initiated by other Business Lines and carrying liquidity risk, as per the “TAC-NAC process”.
- Through the participation of RISK to all ALCOs : Advise on internal risk transfer mechanism and pricing rules, opine on the risk mitigating strategies proposed by ALMT
C) Monitor and control:
- Proactively and retrospectively identify and analyze liquidity and Interest Rate risks, using various tools such as relevant metrics (Liquidity gap and stress tests, Interest rate gap, NII, EVE, PV01)
- Ensure that deals executed by ALMT are in line with the decisions of the relevant committees (ALCOs, CCDGs, etc.…) or in line with defined delegations.
- Ensure compliance with defined limits/guidelines/objectives: Control exposures vs. authorizations notify excesses and ensure that proper actions are taken. Monitor exposures vs. liquidity constraints and objectives (diversification, credit quality, market liquidity, asset encumbrance, etc…).
- Review and approve all the ALM models and methodologies used for internal and regulatory risk metrics.
D) Contributions to other processes:
- Opine on the prudential classification (Banking / Trading Book) of ALMT transactions, in line with the relevant Group policy.
- Review and approve all valuation methodologies (including definition of market reserves methodologies),
- Contribute the production and control process of regulatory metrics (in particular the Liquidity Coverage Ratio - LCR) as per the defined split of responsibility between RISK, ALMT and Group Finance
E) Alert and Report on the risks taken to the appropriate level of Management:
Alert on a timely basis the appropriate level of Management on any risk issue
- Analyze and report ALMT risks in a synthetic and comprehensive way to all levels of Management, appropriate committees and external parties (where needed)
- Analyze liquidity reports (Group level and Local dashboards, ALCO supporting documents) and, when needed, complete information with its own metrics and comments
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Banking industry, preferably within Risk Function, Business Lines, Middle Office or Audit
- Graduate/Post-graduate in relevant subject (e.g. Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Financial Engineering)
- 3+ years of quantitative experience
- Advanced degree a plus
- Working experience related to ALM-T activities
- Knowledge of key regulatory liquidity risk metrics (LCR, NSFR)
- Understanding of the requirements of Reg YY and the Enhance Prudential Standards
- Knowledge of key Interest Rate Risk metrics such as NII, EVE, Interest Gap and PV01
- Very strong work ethic and ability to challenge with confidence risk takers within the business lines
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel
- Excellent communication across verbal, written and presentation skills
- Positive, energetic, flexible and self-motivated team player with strong organizational skills
- Go beyond existing frameworks by suggesting new ideas to enhance BNPP risk framework
- Analytical, rigorous, with attention to details
- Desire to proactively take ownership of objectives and drive results
- Agile to quickly adapt to new situations and financial market events
- Build and maintain transversal, non-hierarchical relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Understanding and of key Market interest rate indicators
FINRA Registrations Required:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.