Standard / Permanent
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
Under general supervision, conducts and participates in financial accounting control examination, review and testing by the Accounting Controls Division to a U.S. based subsidiary of BNP Paribas. Plays a critical role within the Bank, ensuring a solid internal controls framework is designed and operating effectively to meet various schedules. Accounting department’s work is leveraged by external auditors on an annual basis as they conduct the FDICIA audit.
Essential Job Functions
1. Ensure performance of independent and objective evaluations of adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of bank’s internal controls, disclosure controls and operating systems in identified area(s) of responsibility.
2. Responsible for recognizing potential issues in business practices and accounting determined through examination work and effectively communicating findings to Accounting Policies and Internal Controls department.
a. Review controls, risk identification, test of controls and track deficiencies
b. Monitor, document and test controls for identified processes
c. Liase with process owners; creating, monitoring and managing action plans to close gaps and perform retesting
3. Participate in complex functional examination processes consisting of:
a. Assessment of risk and exposure associated with bank activities in the areas of control examination responsibility;
b. Plan, design, performance, documentation, supervision and review of examination work
c. Reporting of the results of examination work; and
d. Monitoring and verification of management’s resolution of examination findings
4. Participate/advise in new process, system development as required/requested
- Individual contributors will be working on various controls project that will come up during the year in the areas of Financial Reporting (aka SOX), Regulatory Reporting Controls, CCAR Reporting Controls, & controls testing at other BWE entities.
0-2yrs of experience
1. CA Mandatory or equivalent (CPA/ CFA)
2. Experience in Us GAAP
3. Experience in SOX, CCAR & Liquidity reporting
4. Analytical and Critical thinking
5. Effective Communication Skills – fluent in English
6. People Skills
7. Detail Oriented
10. Enjoys a fast paced environment
11. Organizational skills