Assistant Vice President - Technology Integration Test Manager
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas Group
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 75 countries, with more than 189,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
BNP Paribas Securities Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, is a leading global custodian and securities services provider backed by the strength of an integrated bank. It provides multi asset post trade and asset servicing solutions for institutional participants in the investment cycle, from the buy-side and sell-side to corporates and issuers. Covering over 100 markets, offices in 34 countries and over 8,800 employees, the BNP Paribas network is one of the most extensive in the industry. We bring together local insight and a global network to enable clients to maximize their market and investment opportunities worldwide.
Technology Integration Test Manager is responsible for the successful technology test deliverables for the packaged releases throughout the transition that will secure the integration of the newly acquired US Middle and Back Office business, which is the strategic platform that will drive BNP Paribas Securities Services’ new business model, providing financial services to the 40 Act client community. The packaged releases may be comprised of functionality migration from decommissioned apps from hosting provider to BNPP best of breed global or local apps, system integration to global platforms, and/or the re-hosting on novated applications to BNPP.
Among the areas of focus:
- Testing Scope Definition and Planning – Analyze Release objectives then build test strategy and detailed test plans which will deliver on those objectives. Define engagement model with all stakeholders (both external and internal), resource model, testing schedule, and deliverables. For each Release, ensure test plan identifies both suspension and exit criteria.
- Test Case Development – Work with all stakeholders (both external and internal) to ensure all applicable business process are accounted for in the test plans
- Lead Testing Team– Coordinate the testing efforts from all staff (both external and internal) who will be performing testing as part of their work streams. Identify gaps to mitigate the risks to quality. Ensure test cases are being effectively executed.
- Reporting & Resolution of Defects – Define governance model that will manage defects identified during Release testing. Document the significant project issues in a regular progress (highlight) report cadence and escalate high priority issues.
- Stakeholder Sign-off of Testing Phase for Releases – Ensure non-critical defects have agreed workarounds and that the appropriate stakeholders have signed-off on each Release testing phase.
The selected candidate will oversee all technology related testing phases across the integration program, both globally and locally, and ensure any direct or indirect risks to technology milestones/deadlines are appropriately raised to the applicable parties.
Understands the overall project and Release objectives; selects appropriate test approaches to ensure delivery of expectations are delivered
Ensures that all Release test phases have entry, suspension and exit criteria and monitors the success of these criteria.
Review test cases written by Technology teams to check the quality and consistency
Collaborate with IT development teams to ensure that defects are understood and managed accordingly to priorities
Work with stakeholders to confirm that defect categories, priorities, severities and statuses are correctly filled and consistent with guidelines
Track progress on test preparation and execution
Analyse previous testing activities and propose innovation (technical, organisational) to improve them
Prepare test documentation (guidelines, templates) and weekly report to management
Defines the business acceptance criteria and obtains sign-off
Devise strategies to ensure Release objectives are on time in the case of schedule slippage
Estimate and obtain management support for the time, resources and budget required to perform the testing
Identify any hardware and software requirement for the Test environments
Assign tasks to all Testing staff
Ensure content and structure of all Testing related artifacts are documented and maintained.
Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes for testing as per standards
Check/Review/Adapt Test Cases documents as required
Develop and execute change process for actions that impact test
Escalate issues at the appropriate time to the appropriate stakeholders
Organize status meetings and send the Status Report to identified stakeholders on a consistent basis
Effectively communication with clients (as required).
Track testing activities and prepare report to communicate (but not limited to) testing results, test case coverage, resource utilization, defects discovered and their status, etc.
Minimum Required Qualifications
10+ years of testing experience, 5+ years as a test manager
Experience developing test cases/scripts, communicating effectively test results, and analyzing requirements for outcomes that can be tested
Demonstrated experience with data migration testing
Global program experience in collaborating with various teams across regions regarding testing release plans
Experience working in a global matrixed organization
Expert experience with JIRA, Micros Focus/HP Quality Center for testing
Experience with quality metrics and KPI’s
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and manage collaborations, both regionally and globally
Professional programme / project management accreditation (e.g. PMP)
Experienced in applying project management methodologies to organise and co-ordinate complex or large business and process change programmes.
Analytical and problem-solving skills
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal), with ability to explain complex and technical concepts in straight-forward fashion
Outstanding relationship management skills with an ability and willingness to work with, lead and influence, people at all levels across the organisation
Ability to work with external parties such as clients, vendors and counterparties effectively
Exceptional organizational, presentation & negotiation skills
Flexible, adaptable, change oriented
- Experience in various tools for management e.g. MS Project, MS Excel, MC Visio
Financial Service Sector experience desirable
- Proficient experience with Investment Accounting applications and expertise in at least one (ie. SimCorp Dimension (PREFERRED), Advent AXYS/APX/Geneva, PFS PAM, Eagle PACE/STARR, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of project management and software development methodologies. Full software lifecycle, structured software development, object-oriented, client server and/or rapid application development experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in system integration programs with regards to acquisitions
- Working knowledge of computing architectures, data and telecommunications hardware and protocols, network hardware and protocols, middleware and transaction monitors, database management systems, database administration, and object and/or data modeling.
FINRA Registrations Required: N/A
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.