Assistant Vice President – Payments Team Leader
Standard / Permanent
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking
- Supervise the daily Funds Transfer, ACH, Funds Control and Check Processing Units that is responsible for all funds transfers and check clearing activities via local Clearing system and SWIFT.
- Ensure all activities are processed within the defined processing standards and with strict adherence to prescribed cut-off time and service level agreements.
- Ensure trading desk is provided with timely and accurate Funds Control position figures at all times, while acting as liaison between Payment Services, the Trading Group and Back Office.
- Manage, monitor and maintain the money position of the bank.
- Maintain the highest possible standards of quality while minimizing risk to both the bank as well as its customers.
- Ensure prompt response to all Audit points, close and timely follow-up on all action points and provide prompt response to all Processing questions.
- Awareness of daily work levels and achieves set standards and goals.
- Identify and take prompt action on priority items.
- Ensure adherence to all external regulatory and internal policy guidelines as dictated by the position.
- Performing other support operations functions as required.
- Participating in the development and implementation of processes that improve efficiency and enhance team productivity.
- Mentoring agents, encouraging their professional growth and knowledge enhancement
- Manage team by motivating, informing and delegating responsibility to its members. Evaluate them and suggest career opportunities; foster a healthy, positive and constructive working environment.
- Identify the training needs of the team and arrange for ongoing education to meet those needs.
- Coordinate workflow across teams by utilizing the payment system. Monitor activities and effectiveness of agents. Enforcing both bank and departmental policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of the proper handling of checks and deposits, and the ability to recognize irregular, suspicious transactions or other suspicious activities/actions.
- Oversee operations of the Receive Section that is responsible to qualify incoming funds, reconcile customers anticipated receipts against actual funds and do all necessary exception reporting.
- Monitor and record all intra-day activity as received from the Traders, then compare position with the Payment Services to ensure Back Office has communicated all the necessary payment instructions.
- Control the daily close of the CHIPS system to ensure that the settlement of CHIPS is accomplished in a timely and safety manner.
- Verifies all positions are in agreement, and proves to the real time balances (FED, BONY,LVTS etc.).
- Verifies balances left in the correspondent accounts are in accordance with the Traders mandates.
- Reviews Compliance stopped payments/messages for potential violation.
- Works closely with account officers to ensure that the customer's payment issues are handled in a timely manner.
- Perform U.S./Canadian Position on a rotational basis.
- Intra-day system proofs, same day investigations.
- Responsible for End of Day Proof and reconciliations.
- Support FRB/CHIPS/LVTS /D.R. contingency test
- Conduct semi-annual staff reviews and year end appraisals
3 - 5 years’ experience in the field of banking operations.
Degree from accredited college/university.
Strong understanding of Funds Transfer operations and the regulations, which govern it, (this will include both CHIPS, Fed wire, ACH and LVTS.)
The candidate will need strong supervisory capabilities (or similar role) including good written and oral communications skills.
Strong preference for previous banking experience with foreign exchange
Knowledge of local clearing systems, SWIFT and the various formatting issues associated with them.
Concern for Quality/Accuracy and strong Customer Service Orientation
Industry Knowledge: Product knowledge of Wire Transfer and Check processing business. This should be complemented with an understanding of Accounting and Regulatory back group.
Extended hours/holidays may be required at times to meet operational needs.
Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
Detail orientated, self-motivated and ability to multi-task.
Ability to work in a high volume time sensitive environment.
Initiative , autonomy and leadership skills.
The candidate must be PC literate with a strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and Power point.
FINRA Registrations Required: None