Assistant Vice President – Operational and Technology Risk Analyst
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 75 countries, with more than 189,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking:
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
The mission of RISK ORC is to oversee the effective and efficient functioning of the permanent control framework implemented by Business Lines and Functions, and the measurement and management of operational risks. RISK ORC serves in an independent oversight capacity as the 2nd line of defense, ensuring that the 1st line of defense (under the responsibility of Operational Permanent Control management), is fulfilling its objectives and requirements. RISK ORC’s scope covers the corporate and institutional banking activities within North America, and the supporting operational units and transversal functions.
- Help support the Risk Management Unit (“RMU”) in maintaining and administering the Risk Management Program (“RMP”) and provide support to the Operational and Technology Risk Committee (“OTRC”) at the IHC and CIB levels.
- Perform regular review of relevant operational risk measures/metrics and assist in the production of monthly and quarterly risk reports outlining applicable risk metrics.
- Assist with projects related to the enhancement of the RMP and deliverables that arise from the IHC and CIB OTRC.
- Coordinate annual RMP requirements including: (i) the annual testing of the RMP and (ii) the annual segregation training for applicable personnel.
- Organize meeting schedules and agendas. Maintain meeting minutes, action items, and other records from meetings.
- Assist in maintaining the team’s applicable SharePoint sites.
- Assist in responding to regulatory inquires related to the RMP.
- Coordinate annual update of CFTC 1.55(k) disclosures.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in the Risk industry, with a focus on operational risk management
- General understanding of the regulatory framework that impacts the legal entities across CIB.
- Four year BA degree
- Strong diplomatic interpersonal skills and ability to work across different areas of the business, as well as, with senior management
- Ability to conceptualize issues and to provide concrete solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong software skills, especially Excel, Power Point and SharePoint
- Not Applicable