Assistant Vice President – On-Site Controls Analyst
Standard / Permanent
The Management of the BNP Paribas has committed to ensure compliance with AML/Embargo & Sanctions rules within the entire Group. In this context, Group Compliance has decided to have a strong and permanent set-up within the US: Group Financial Security US (“GFS US”).
GFS US OSC is a new initiative (just over a year old) so employees have the ability to be part of the building process for a long term solutions to Sanctions, KYC, OFAC Compliance and AML. The objectives of this unit include:
- Having the responsibility for the BNP Paribas Group framework in relation to Compliance with US Sanctions.
- Ensuring a legal watch in relation to US Sanctions in liaison with Legal Affairs.
- Issuing norms, policies and procedures in relation to Sanctions and applicable across the BNP Paribas Group.
- Providing advice on situations linked to US Sanctions across the Group.
- Acting as the ultimate level of management of the US Sanctions – related alerts.
- Acting as the sponsor of tools used to filter flows against embargo/sanctions lists.
- Risk assessing the Group’s branches & affiliates regarding non-compliance issues through a permanent risk oversight.
- Performing on-site controls within BNP Paribas Group to verify that BNP Paribas entities comply with norms issued by GFS-US. 2
Responsibilities of the On-Site control unit:
The GFS US OSC Team is in a highly visible function covering sanctions which is considered one of the most important banking areas.
- Receives risk-related information from the Risk Oversight unit of GFSUS.
- Interactions with Compliance and business leaders at different BNP Paribas offices around the globe
- Formalizes an annual on-site control review plan.
- Formalizes and maintains the on-site controls methodology.
- Conducts on-site control reviews related to AML and International Sanctions.
- Produces reports and recommendations:
- Deliver presentations to senior management.
The On-Site Controls Analyst will support the On-Site Controls team in executing control reviews Group Wide (with exception to Domestic Markets) to verify that BNP entities comply with norms issued by GFS-US. Under the direction of the On-Site Controls Deputy, the Analyst will perform assigned test work. The Analyst will be expected to perform work to a high degree of proficiency. Work is expected to be comprehensive to support findings and to satisfy the stated scope and objectives.
*This position requires 40 - 50% international travel to countries where BNPP has offices, operation, or business interests which may include third world countries. Extended stay up to 6 weeks may be required in these locations. The Analyst will obtain valuable experience with different cultures and their economies.
The On-Site Controls Analyst primary duties and responsibilities:
- Lead or participate in on-site missions on a Group wide basis in BNP locations with exception of the Domestic Markets (Italy, France, Belgium, and Luxembourg). This includes but is not limited to, scoping on-site reviews, testing controls, identifying issues, and writing reports.
- Deliver review assignments that adhere to methodology and quality standards
- Communicate findings to management
- Write high quality reports
The On-Site Controls Analyst will report to the On-Site Controls Deputy. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a Group-wide function in a highly visible position.
 / France, Italy, Belgium and Luxembourg.
- Undergraduate degree, finance or business related majors.
- Graduate degree a plus.
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in a banking environment.
- 3 + years’ experience in General Inspection/Audit/Controls in complex global financial services organization.
- Experience in Compliance a plus.
- In depth knowledge of Sanctions and AML regime.
- Working knowledge of banking products & services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills.
- Experience leading teams and projects.
- Decisiveness and sound judgment on a consistent basis.
- High level of detail orientation and organization.
- Flexibility to adapt to new changing environment.
- Team player with demonstrated track record in self-initiative and time management.
- Knowledge of BNP Paribas Group activities and organization a plus.
- French language skills a plus.