Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards (“EPS”) for Foreign Banking Organizations (“FBOs”) finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
The IHC Finance Liquidity Reporting team is responsible for developing and enhancing the IHC Liquidity Reporting platform and processes to support the production, analysis, and monitoring of Liquidity Reporting Outputs and related controls to meet internal and external / regulatory requirements. Key deliverables for the IHC Finance Liquidity Team are as follows:
- Liquidity Reporting Target Operating & Governance Model & Liquidity Reporting Platform & control framework
- Project implementation documentation (e.g. traceability matrix, business requirements, functional specifications, etc.)
- Liquidity Reporting
- 5G (2052a) Monthly Reporting for IHC and CUSO entities
- US LCR Monthly Reporting for IHC and CUSO entities and for Quarterly public disclosure
- European Central Bank Balance Sheet Ladder
- Net Funding Position
- Weekly Balance Sheet Monitoring
- Ongoing Monitoring of Outputs and Controls
- Manual Adjustments related to Accounting & Data Quality Breaks (include analysis of results and controls, adjustment explanations, variance analysis, etc.)
- Data mapping rules/logic
- Management Review Package for Finance/ ALMT monthly results review and approval
- 5G package (e.g. 5G XML, US-LCR, Summary reports, Variance Commentary) for regulatory submission
IHC Finance Liquidity Reporting Analyst requires a strong understanding of Liquidity Reporting with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Responsibilities include:
- Support the production and analysis of liquidity metrics and reports to meet regulatory and management requirements
- Execute Finance controls to secure the dataset upon which liquidity metrics and regulatory reporting is constructed.
- Liaise with Treasury and Business Counterparts to understand business trends in order to analyze and explain variances in liquidity metrics and regulatory reports.
- Ensure the timely production of management reporting, including the coordination of contributions across multiple stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain knowledge on recent rulemakings and general industry developments related to Liquidity Reporting, including assessing the impact on production processes.
- Drafting procedural documentation around liquidity production processes.
- Support process-improvement initiatives, including business analysis and the development of project and BAU artifacts such as requirements document, functional specifications, prototypes, procedures, process flows, use cases, etc. Examples of activities include:
- Assemble and drive internal working groups
- Define scope, highlight assumption and limitations of solutions
- Gather, analyze, and assembler data to develop prototypes
- Implement calculations, mapping & formatting towards expected outputs
- Support the implementation of new requirements, changes or defect resolution, support UAT, and escalate issues as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
5+ years’ experience in business / reporting analysis for a company with a global footprint in a multicultural environment with large scale projects (multi-million dollar investments, 50+ staff globally deployed on the undertaking, 1+ year duration)
5 + years’ experience in business or process analysis for liquidity reporting (5G / LCR), collateral management, or funding management related projects
Degree in Finance and/or Accounting – Master’s level a plus
5 + years working in either Wholesale or Retail divisions of International banks, preferably of BNP Paribas in North America
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)Preferred Qualifications:
Strong knowledge of Liquidity monitoring, regulatory reporting, and control framework
Strong understanding of the BNPP / IHC Balance Sheet representation
Good knowledge of the BNPP / IHC Liquidity functional and technical architectures, knowledge of POSEIDON and TRITON applications
Mastery within Excel, with a preference for knowledge of VBA and SQLFINRA Registrations Required:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.