Assistant Vice President – Investigator
Standard / Permanent
- The focus of the Investigation & Analysis Group (‘IAG’) is to perform customer due diligence on either new or existing relationships in an effort to protect the Bank form anti-money laundering (AML), counterparty or reputational risk.
- Perform analysis of existing (and prospective) accounts/customers and their beneficial owners, including enhanced due diligence, synthesize findings and report to management, partners and committee members for effective assessment of viability and risk.
- Review, analyze and evaluate adverse findings, as well as perform research within public databases.
- Interact daily with Senior Management, Legal, Compliance, Advisory and other business units on investigation findings and matters requiring escalation.
- Conduct QA reviews of case files, tracking logs and various AML processes.
- Work closely with AML Compliance Department to keep abreast of regulatory guidance and rulings, enforcement actions and penalties.
- Follow-up with appropriate department for missing or outstanding documents whenever necessary.
- Maintain close working knowledge of assigned investigations and advise supervisors of their progress and any matters of concern.
- Presenting accounts/customers to senior business management for discussion about potential reputational risks.
- Collaborate with business partners, Compliance, Legal and/or fellow support professionals in the development and delivery of AML/BSA/KYC training/presentations.
- 4 + years related experience in AML, Audit, KYC and/or OFAC/sanctions; specific experience managing complex investigations or reviews within a financial institution or governmental entity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or Finance or related business degree preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to:
- Deal with conflicting points of view and to effect creative and responsive solutions;
- Comprehend and parse and/or interpret complex organizational and corporate structures for ownership percentage, subsidiary breakdown or merger activity;
- Skillfully transfer manual functions to computerized systems to generate meaningful data and increase efficiency;
- Review Legal databases and understand AML related investigations
- Present complex issues in succinct, simple and straightforward manner; written or verbally;
- Work effectively and collaboratively with business partners and senior staff and management in a global organization to achieve desired objectives.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (“CAMS”) a plus.
- Strong research skills, advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint,, Outlook, and experience with the Internet and on-line research systems.
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Fluency or working competence in Spanish or Portuguese Required
- Detailed knowledge sanctions and AML regulations including the USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, 3rd European Directive, FCPA, etc. .
- Experience required in researching and summarizing investigative reporting for presentation to senior management or executives.
- Superior written communication skills, including drafting reports, and collaborating on policies, and procedures;
- Use utmost discretion when handling sensitive and confidential material.
- Team player willing to accept challenges large and small and meet them under time pressure.