Assistant Vice President - FX Prime Brokerage - OTC Client Clearing Specialist
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas, one of the major banks in Europe with a strong presence throughout the world, is a leader in Global Prime Services and Financing Solutions. As part of this activity, the Global Markets Operations team is an important component, with teams established in the major financial places (New-York, London, Tokyo, Hong-Kong and Paris). The main missions of these teams are:
- The management of operations in the booking systems.
- The follow-up of client billing and reporting.
- The reconciliation of positions between FO and booking systems.
- The calculation, explanation and analysis of the daily profits and losses including reconciliation with Financial accounting results.
- The management of the referential data.
- The management of relationships with BO and Custodians.
- The ability to maintain and uphold client relationships
These missions are accomplished through a close relationship with Back-Offices, Traders, Sales, IT and Business Analysts. In this context, the FX Prime Brokerage/OTC Client Clearing specialist is a key component of New York Global Market Middle Office. They cover all the activities and products of the Global Market business in North America, which includes equity derivatives, commodities, credit, delta one products and prime services.
- Participating and leading in client onboarding processes including user acceptance testing, internal setup, external setup and go live calls
- Working with internal and external parties to resolve trade discrepancies on T and post T
- Working in an environment with direct client interaction
- Escalating client trade related issues
- Understanding and responding to client queries with respect to client reporting on Data Direct, a BNP Paribas website
- Working closely with IT developers defining infrastructure upgrades and maintenance requests
- Managing trade life cycle events including daily option exercises/expirations and NDF fixings
- Coordination with all internal stakeholders who support our business ( Risk, Credit, Legal, Collateral, BO, Sales, IT)
- Ensuring that all Clients abide by and remain within limits that are sent and dealing with any breaches / warnings with the appropriate action by contacting both the Client and Risk. Actively managing the limits to ensure that both unutilized and highly consumed limits are scrutinized on a regular basis and revised as necessary.
- Managing any rejected trades and ensuring that processes are up-to-date for doing so.
- Monitor Limit utilization through the day for the OTC, FXPB and ETD businesses. Investigate/Report any breaches
- Distributing monthly invoices and monitoring the collection of fees
- Provide coverage for EOD cash forecasting related to OTC business and investigation of cash recs on T+1
- Monitor the CCP facing accounts and make sure they are flat at the close of the day for each ccy. If there is a balance/deficit, take appropriate action to balance the account.
- Ad-hoc project work related to internal controls, MIS reporting, process improvements, and client specific reporting requirements or integration enhancements
- Diploma from an accredited collegiate institution
- Minimum of 3 years in a FXPB/OTC Clearing (IRS/CDS) position
- Working knowledge of Traiana Harmony and Netlink
- Familiarity with prime brokerage and clearing workflows
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Good product knowledge
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to:
- Maintain focus in a fast-pace environment
- Consistently meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of FX Spot/Forward/Options
- Works well within a team environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Service Oriented
- Not Applicable