Assistant Vice President , Fund Accountant
Standard / Permanent
To assist Senior Management with successful launch and smooth running of a key PE client.
Share PE knowledge across the team.
Lead the team and be first point of contact for all existing and future PE queries
Assist the team in other areas Single Manager Funds and Fund of Fund
- Review NAV calculation for primarily Private Equity Funds but also to assist with Fund of Fund and Single Manager Funds. NAV calculation includes portfolio holding reconciliation and valuation, cash and capital transaction booking, fees calculation and accruals.
- Review the profit and loss allocation among the limited partners
- Review the proper fee calculation among the limited partners including the carried interest calculation, waterfall calculation mechanism, distribution calculation etc.
- Review the capital dealing transactions including the capital call procedures and capital distribution procedures
- Handle client’s queries in BAU operations of Private Equity Funds and other Single Manager Fund and Fund of Funds.
- With the supervision of senior management, conduct onboarding processes on new Private Equity Funds
- Handle fee payments
- Assist fees invoice billing
- Handle the annual audit for the funds
- Handle various internal reporting
- Participate to the end of month reporting and process.
- Reporting directly to HFS Country Manger
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
- Fast learner and self-motivated person
- Strong Microsoft Office skills in particular to excel spreadsheet
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic and an ability to work as part of a team
- Good client services skill.
- Good time management
- At least Five years to Years Fund accounting experience
· Strong understanding of Fund accounting in Private Equity Funds with at least 4 years’ experience on Private Equity Fund
· Ability to work in a challenging environment
· Ability to report and liaise with Senior Management
· Due to the global nature of the HFS Operations you will be required to work late hour at peak times for the Funds
Specific Qualifications Required
Requisite skills include:
· A relevant Bachelor degree
· An accounting qualification at minimum a Degree