Assistant Vice President - Credit Analyst
Standard / Permanent
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
- To advise the Bank on risk appetite definition
- To contribute as an objective “second pair of eyes” that risks taken on by the Bank align with its policies
- To report and alert Bank Management of the status of risks to which the Bank is exposed
- To contribute to the development and growth of the risk culture within the Group
- The Risk perimeter encompasses: credit and counterparty risk, market risk, funding and liquidity risk, interest rate and FX risk of the Banking book, insurance risk and operational risk.
- Risk covers all Group’s activities and geographies.
- To provide a holistic view of the risk profile to the Bank’s management and Board, RISK coordinates with the relevant control function(s) to ensure relevant risk assessment, aggregation and reporting.
Credit risk management for Hedge Funds, Asset Managers and other Financial Institutions:
- Perform credit analyses on hedge fund and asset manager counterparties identifying major strengths and weaknesses via a review of investment strategy and leverage, performance history, portfolio exposures and risk management practices.
- Present credit reviews to appropriate credit committees.
- Monitor creditworthiness of assigned counterparties on an ongoing basis by regular review of monthly disclosure and proactively identify any deterioration in credit quality.
- Maintain good and open relationships with customers via due diligence visits, periodic phone and/or personal contact.
- Work with other support areas within the bank (e.g. legal, credit administration, collateral management, etc.) to ensure that the provisions of legal documents protect the bank and reflect the terms of the credit approval.
- Risk and approve trades ensuring appropriate margin is collected and exposures remain within credit limits.
- Effectively handle multiple tasks through prioritization of requests (in conjunction with immediate supervisor) and sound organizational skills.
- Work on other special projects and initiatives as needed.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BA/BS required - concentration in finance or economics preferred
- 1 – 2 years of relevant work experience for analyst / 5+ years for associate level position
- MBA, CFA or CPA designation a plus
- Good understanding of Capital Markets trading products, particularly in equity, fixed income and the derivatives space
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, with the ability to multi-task
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Not Applicable
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.