Assistant Vice President – CCAR Operational Risk Data Specialist
Standard / Permanent
The mission of RISK Oversight of Operational Permanent Control (RISK 2OPC) is to oversee the effective and efficient functioning of the permanent control framework implemented by Business Lines and Functions, and the measurement and management of operational risks. RISK 2OPC serves in an independent oversight capacity as the 2nd line of defense, ensuring that the 1st line of defense (under the responsibility of Operational Permanent Control management), is fulfilling its objectives and requirements. RISK 2OPC’s scope covers the corporate and institutional banking activities within North America, and the supporting operational units and transversal functions.
RISK 2OPC is seeking a CCAR Operational Risk Data Specialist to contribute to the design, and implementation of the operational permanent control framework for BNPP’s Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) in response to the FRB’s Enhanced Prudential Standards (Reg YY), and Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) requirements. Specific responsibilities include:
i) CCAR 14Q and 14A – Assist in preparation of the operational risk loss projections for schedule FR Y-14A, including capturing underlying data for model use, estimation of legal and regulatory impacts, benchmarking, analysis of macro-economic correlation, use of external data, etc. Assist in preparation and transformation of loss event data reported on schedule FR Y-14Q. Contribute to planned automation of these processes.
ii) Data Quality – ensure accuracy and quality of the global loss event database in the context of its effects on the IHC loss projection process and regulatory reporting. Includes liaising with businesses, functions, and RISK 2OPC members to ensure that historical loss data is captured timely and accurately, system issues are communicated to and are resolved by Head Office, and identified errors are corrected. Particular emphasis must be placed on Legal loss events.
iii) Presentations – participate in the preparation and communication of analyses and presentations for Senior Management, challenge sessions, governance committees, and regulators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience with a financial services firm, including knowledge of CCAR
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent execution skills with the ability to work successfully under demanding deadlines
- Ability to plan and prioritize, and escalate when necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with various parties involved in projects or for business-as-usual activities
- Experience in drafting policies and procedures
- Ability to interpret numbers and synthesize
FINRA Registrations Required: