Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
To handle the daily operations of the Loan Services.
- Ensure fulfilment of condition precedent prior to loan drawdown and/or condition subsequent.
- Validate Agent’s instruction in conformity with the loan documentation
- Perform loan administration tasks for drawdown, rollover, repayment, early prepayment and secondary trade.
- Perform agency function for designated shipping loans.
- Arrange with Treasury for funding and rate fixing.
- Instruct Back Office for payment to Agent.
- Calculate and control the commissions and fees.
- Maintain all internal loan records.
- Handle waiver / amendment requests or other enquiry (including audit confirmation) from Client(s) or Agent.
- Prepare various reports for regulatory and control purpose during the life of the loan.
- To coordinate with relevant counterparty for providing necessary support to Corporate Banking and IBA on operation and control perspective.
- Monthly input in MIRO which is the system where provisions are input to feed the different accounting systems and ensure the data is updated in an appropriate way.
- Prepare and update GRR spreadsheet on quarterly basis for recovery flow and provision movement during last quarter
- Provide periodic review and feedback on the Miro system and GRR automation programme.
- Provide necessary support to VPG and other site on provision booking and miro operation
Ad Hoc Projects and Tasks
- Participate to BCP.
- Support on organisational & administrative tasks and head office & regional projects.
- Contribute to ensure that Compliance Rules and Guidelines are respected on our portfolio.
He or she shall possess a culture of accountability and discipline for management of risk& credit data quality at all level of organization. He or she shall have clear understanding of data definition in order to secure the data quality during all along the data lifecycle until reporting.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
Good knowledge of the loan products and business lines.
Excellent command of MS Office (Excel + Word).
Planning & Organization skills (setup and follow schedules).
Oral and written communication skills (internal and external, from Business lines to Back Office).
The candidate shall be resourceful, willing to take responsibilities and accountabilities. Accuracy and commitment to the job are required.
Experience and Qualifications required
Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience
Meticulous and attentive to details
Open to team work / team spirit
Common sense / Ability to learn from experience