Assistant Manager - Accounting Controls
Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific (www.apac.bnpparibas)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
• Ensure that key controls defined by the Group and CIB policies are effectively performed across the region
• Contribute to the coordination with local and central CIB Finance teams on control issues
• Ensure that the control outcomes and all accounting risks are reported on a timely basis
• Assist in ensuring that both internal and external auditors recommendations are properly followed and implemented
• Ensure adherence to Group accounting standards.
• Contribute to improving the standardization of accounting processes and booking schemes across the region
• Provide support to Local Finance and Operations departments on accounting control issues, including the month-end closing and new transactions
• Identify system / control deficiency and propose solution to improve the control environment
1. Perform 2nd level controls to the respective entities. Ensure that all accounting risk are reported timely and effectively
2. Escalate follow up on accounting risk issues identified and look for resolution
3. Contribute to the reporting of control results through FACT tool to Group Finance on quarterly basis
4. Contribute to monthly control result to Local Finance / COO and quarterly KPI to Regional and local management
5. Contribute to the preparation of the Regional Internal Control Committee
6. To arrange regular meeting with local finance to go through the control report and findings.
7. Contribute to the definition of account usage and setup per the group accounting scheme
8. Identify enhancements of the accounting feeding process and liaise with regional Finance Project & Systems for the streamlining or automation.
9. Ensure the standardization of controls and account setup consistency
10. Contribute to ad-hoc projects involving the Accounting Control team
Specific Qualifications Required
• Significant experience in audit / accounting control / audit role in financial institution
• Familiar with large international Corporate & Investment Banking activities and organization
• Strong capital markets product knowledge
• Qualified accountant