BNP Paribas India Solutions Pvt Ltd.
BNP Paribas India Solutions Private Limited (BNPPISPL) is a global delivery centre for BNP Paribas Group, one of the largest banking groups in the world. BNPPISPL provides IT, IT Enabled Services to the predominantly international Corporate and Investment Banking business of BNP Paribas Group. Corporate and Investment banking is one of the key business lines of BNP Paribas Group. BNPPISPL was created in 2005.
In 2010, BNP Paribas India celebrated its 150th anniversary in India of banking presence.
BNPPISL is looking for experienced professionals in the core finance domain in the areas of management accounting, financial reporting and accounting controls. This group will service multiple BNP Paribas CIB locations worldwide.
Job and Person Specification
Assistant Manager – Performance Management (Management Accounting) Expenses
Finance Shared Services
General or Regional, as maybe required
Job Purpose :
The Jobholder is responsible for the timely and accurate production of the monthly expenses accounting and management reporting and for supporting the annual expense budget & periodic forecasts exercise.
Key Responsibilities :
· Prepare and book closing entries (daily / monthly) in accounting and financial systems for accruals, prepayments, intercompany, rent deferrals, asset capitalisation/retirals or write-off, etc., as necessary.
· Perform month-end financial closing for his / her entities
· Perform reconciliation between Accounting system and Financial ledger to substantiate balances and breaks solving
· Process Quarterly end of reporting period adjustments
· Participate in the intercompany process:
- Preparation of invoices for billings to other BNP Paribas entities
- Reconciliation of intercompany receivables / payables and their settlement by legal entity
- Coordination with other region's Finance Expense teams and Tax team to ensure they are performing their respective intercompany closes and maintaining their respective algorithms
- Suggest updation to Counter-party service level agreements (SLAs) in liaison with Tax team
· On a timely basis, provide complete and accurate financial data to the Reporting Team for report production
· Provide assistance in responding to questions / requests for information to auditors, regulators
· Escalating problems / issues to the team manager
· Providing quality service to other groups
· Support the production of the annual expense budget and periodic forecasts from a transversal perspective
· Assist in identifying process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness
· Contribute to BNPP operational permanent control framework
· Provide cross-training to colleagues and perform specific duties as assigned (e.g. coverage for colleagues)
· Participate in projects and upgrades of systems at the request of the team manager; e.g:
- User acceptance testing
- Trouble-shooting after deployment
Candidate Requirements for the role
# yrs experience
3-5 years relevant experience in Accounting and Management Reporting
Technical knowledge & Skills:
· Advanced Excel skills (advanced formulas; no macro development required) – essential
· Preferred basic knowledge of SAP
Preferred Industry/domain experience :
Preferably within a global financial services company – in expense management
· Solutions-oriented thinker who is able to generate creative ideas
· Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment