Area Manager Asset Valuation – Northern Europe (m/f)
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- In all countries under the regional management, ensure the application of statistical methods on past observations to identify, monitor and analyze all “Asset Risks” Arval is exposed to. Mainly concerning the RV (residual value), SMR (service, maintenance and repair) and Tyres.
- Countries in scope: Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Portugal, Morocco
- Of which Morocco operates on Daytona platform, all others on Hippos/Dynamos
- Ensure a uniformed way of working in all the countries under the regional management in order to be compliant with corporate guidelines and in line with Arval philosophy.
- Develop working relationships with local teams (asset valuation, finance, remarketing, service & delivery and general management) in order to offer support and act as a contact point for corporate asset valuation department.
- Provide solid information to local, regional and corporate (top) management in order to allow Arval to take well-informed tactical and strategic decisions
- Maintain and develop the calculation engine in the IT system for the countries using Hippos/Dynamos.
- Residual Value & SMRT:
- Ensure that local entities apply compliant methodology
- Ensure that local entities take well informed decisions
- RV & SMR committee organization under Asset Valuation responsibility
- Long term vision on expected developments (EMV process)
- Participation in Budget process
- The Area Manager Asset Valuation is responsible for the ‘regional cell’ located in Arval Belgium offices
- Recruitment, training and people management
We believe that in our service industry people are key. So we expect thorough human interest and management when:
- Identifying new employees and recruiting
- Facilitating on-the-job training
- Motivating all employees in their day-today activities and encouraging them to reach the next level.
- Work in trust and empower people.
- Calculation engine:
- Maintain and develop the calculation engine used in Hippos/Dynamos.
- Bug fixing
- Implementation new features
- Ensure harmonized calculation principles and -tools
- Development of new features
- Guard Arval philosophy in how calculations are made
- This function is highly transversal and the Area Asset Valuation Manager must have frequent exchanges and works with the following entities:
- Local and Regional Management (Asset Valuation input is vital information for decision making)
- Local Asset valuation Departments
- Corporate Asset Valuation Department (methodologies, compliance, guidelines)
- Controlling (inputs on asset based cost analysis,)
- Sales (feedback on pricing and new requirements)
- Remarketing & Maintenance departments (performances and trends)
- Local/regional and corporate Asset risk departments
- The Area Manager Asset Valuation reports to the Regional CFO, with a dotted line to the corporate asset valuation manager
Staff & values
- Number of staff members with direct hierarchical responsibility: 6 FTE’s;
- Leadership charter : Care is in our DNA;
- We are open for change and new ideas
- We take decisions quickly and together;
- We have vision and focus;
- We stimulate communication and collaboration;
- We empower people
Master degree in economics, controlling, statistics or similar. Statistical knowledge required.
Fluent in English (good communication at executive committee level), Knowledge of Dutch and/or French highly appreciated.
Very good in Excel, knowledge of VBA (and willing to learn). Basic knowledge of other MS Office products. Knowledge of SAS is a plus.
The role of Asset valuation manager requires vision and positive leadership and a strong analytical mind-set. The manager needs to be able to facilitate and initiate change and have good planning and organizational skills. As a people manager he/she needs to help others develop further and needs to delegate tasks to the team members.
The regional Asset Valuation team is based in Zaventem (Arval BE office). The function requires willingness to travel frequently (to the countries in scope and to Arval headquarters in Paris)