APS Team Manager
Standard / Permanent
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com) has a presence in 80 countries with nearly 200,000 employees, including more than 150,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.
*Rated A+ by Standard & Poor's.
The Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards (“EPS”) for Foreign Banking Organizations (“FBOs”) finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
As rules stemming from the EPS have been finalized, the IHC program will also recommend and drive implementation of the new “normal” state as required by rules and regulations irrespective of location, business, function or activity of BNP Paribas in the U.S.
Change resulting from rules or regulatory expectations not associated with the EPS, non-U.S. driven regulatory changes (EMIR for example) or normal course of business regulatory changes are not part of the IHC scope. IT Work stream is a transversal organization that is responsible to build and deliver the IHC platform and reporting. It is organized in 5 functional perimeters (IT Workstreams): Financial and Regulatory Reporting, CCAR, Funding and Liquidity, Risk, and Data governance.
RESPONSIBILITY / CRITICAL TASKS:
Job Tasks (directly linked to the objectives of the employee)
- Lead the Transition between APS Mumbai and North America Development Teams
- Help in integration of APS activities in the APS model.
- Lead and prioritize the Application Support team’s work load
- Provide technical leadership
- Interact with internal teams and external 3rd party vendors to trouble shoot and resolve complex problems
- Contribute to Service Delivery and Governance of the APS Team
- Pro-active in maintaining and increasing the teams and your own technical knowledge
- Identify training needs or requirements
- Handling on Incident, Change and Problem Management as per ITIL Standards
- Contribute to management reports, KPI generation and Continuos Improvement Items
- Oversee level 1 & 2 support (both technical and funtional support)
- Communicate regularly with local and overseas teams to ensure smooth delivery of support services
- Keep documentation up to date : contact list , support procedures.
- Responsible for 24/7 support for all applications
Skill Enhancement and Development
Superior verbal & written communication skills
Develop resourceful approaches to solving technical problems
Undertake certifications for skill enhancements