APS - LON IT
Standard / Permanent
London Organisation and IT –Support Analyst (Beacon NAR support) – Job Description
Context: LO&IT develop, support and maintain over 80 applications for a wide variety of internal clients, utilizing various technologies. The team is spread across London, Mumbai and New York/Montreal. Within the department, the “Application Production Support” team provides support and aims to improve quality of service, security, monitoring and reporting.
Applications to be supported include Tier 1 corporate banking and finance systems, security systems, business continuity systems, governance and compliance. Members of the team will work with a wide variety of core technologies (Windows, UNIX, Java, dotNET, Lotus Notes, SQL Server, SharePoint, Tibco) and third party systems, and be located in London and Mumbai. Members of the team will bring expertise in some technologies/applications, and be expected to pick up skills in many others, through mentoring, internal and external training.
- Hours: Mumbai office hours, plus some overnight/weekend work, via secure broadband connection. Flexibility in working hours to cover London OR NY office hours is required.
- Reporting line: LO&IT Support Team Leader in Mumbai
- Main contact point and expert for Windows (dotNET) applications, working with end users, business analysts and developers.
- Providing daytime support for London and Paris hosted applications, serving London users.
- Primary responsibilities for BEACON (Finance systems for accounting controls) – NAR Support and other dotNET/ASP systems.
- Providing backup support and monitoring of General Ledger for London and New York finance (UNIX/C++/Sybase) and Corporate Banking Payments platforms
- Building knowledge database
- Automating processes for common tasks and reporting
- Providing input to technical designs
- Training/mentoring other members of the team in Windows application specific support activities
- Managing issues and requests logged through Service Now
- Direct problem resolution or bug logging
- Working with developers – managing application/server access
- Building expertise in other applications & technologies supported by the team.
- Change Management
- QA sign off for new application releases.
- Complete the change management cycle.
- Problem Management
- Creating problem tickets for the recurring issues
- Relating incidents to the respective problem tickets
- Tracking Problem Tickets regularly
Day to day Support actions:
- Prioritization, resolution, delegation and escalation of user and application queries and issues
- Proactive application and system monitoring
- High degree of communication with users, management, developers and peers
- Involvement with technical and functional quality processes and reviews
- C#/.NET, ASP, COM, Windows
- SQL Server
- General Web technologies
- Business Objects / Data Integrator
- Reactivity & Ability to understand problems and situations and to draw out logical conclusions.
- Effective Communication, Rigour, Method, Autonomy, Patience.
- Flexibility in Working Hours.
- Adaptability and desire to learn new products and technologies.
- English: mandatory.
The Local Development Team is a talented group of developers which supports the majority of the banks core business functions including Corporate Banking within the UK Territory. The scope of the department does NOT extend to the Capital Markets Arena (i.e. Fixed Income, Equities etc)
The team develops and maintains internal bespoke software solutions for various departments such CIB Finance, Business Support Services, Business Continuity Management, Client Services. It also offers valuable consultancy on suitable third party products to fulfil business requirements of these departments.
The team is currently undertaking a project to develop a Global Accounting Control Tool to be used globally by BNP Paribas’s CIB Finance department
B.E / B. tech or equivalent
Position: Support Analyst
Work experience (in years): 4+ years
- Secondary Skills : Web Services, MS Visio, Subversion or equivalent Configuration Management tool
- Ability to translate business requirements into system designs
- Ability to analyse user requirements and functional specifications and providing development effort estimates for the same.
- Excellent Communication (written + oral) Skills
- Business/Customer facing skills
- Ability to work independently & ability to multi task
- Experience of Software Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of Interfacing with Microsoft SharePoint
- Knowledge of Interfacing with TIBCO Business works engine or TIBCO iProcess
- Knowledge of any of reporting technology such as Tableau
- Knowledge of NUnit, Cruise Control
- Forward thinking skilled individual
- Delivery-focused with a good eye for detail and good analytical skills
- Structured, Organised and a Good Communicator
- Must be able to work closely with Users, Project Manager, Business Analysts, IT Deployment teams, IT Support Teams across the globe
- Willing to share knowledge and skills with other developers within the team
- Whilst able to work independently, should be a true team player
- Willing to take the initiative & able to understand complex systems
Areas of Responsibility/Critical Job Tasks:
- Independently work in application support projects
- Analyze and document different approaches to solving technical problems or provide business solutions
- Demonstrate good understanding of the Functional aspects of the application
- Guide the other team members to provide effective technical solutions and coordinate their work
- Coordinate with Project Manager and keep Project Manager appraised of issues that affect the project
- Ensure that the project and organization standards are followed
B.E. or Equivalent