Application Production Support (SAS Admin)
Standard / Permanent
The IHC CCAR Program Office ensures that appropriate solutions are put in place for the CCAR Capital Planning’s Reporting and Modeling teams to meet their business objectives for CCAR Regulatory Reporting to the Federal Reserve Board. The team acts as the bridge to various departments/organizations within the IHC Program, including the business, PMO and technology organizations in New York, New Jersey, London and Paris.
The team works simultaneously on a wide range of CCAR Data and IT projects arising from the FRB’s regulatory requirements for the CCAR reporting and submission processes. These projects have been established to address a comprehensive list of CCAR reporting requirements, changes in the regulations, strategic objectives of BNPP in the formation of the IHC, the development of both short term, near term and long term technology objectives for the reporting environment. This work includes, but is not limited to, reengineering existing applications to improve functionality and efficiency; enhance the quality and controls of the existing data framework; contribute to project objectives to improve existing and implement new infrastructure to better access and accurately report on the data.
The SAS Systems Administrator provides operational enhancement, maintenance and support of the SAS Platforms (SAS Modelling Workbench and SAS CPnM). The SAS Platform Administrator serves as liaison between the enterprise infrastructure support teams and business partners to ensure appropriate delivery of technology solutions in accordance with business requirements and objectives.
This will include:
- Maintains SAS platform including ongoing user and group assignment, metadata permissions, metadata folder structure, backup and restore
- Ensures production level scripts are running and monitors errors
- Subject matter expert for SAS software installations
- Provides onsite and/or remote services to install, configure and validate the basic features and functions of the SAS Software
- Coordinates and follows up on support issues with SAS and business or IT users
- Ensures latest SAS hotfixes, licenses, etc. are applied
- Provides internal first line of support to business and IT teams
- Provides migration support of the SAS configuration between multiple environments.
- 5+ years of experience in SAS administration including installation, configuration, tuning and troubleshooting
- Firm understanding of SAS analytical procedures including the Office Analytics, Visual Analytics, SAS Management Console.
- Proficient in Unix and Windows operation systems, especially in scripting on these platforms
- Ability to multi-task and support complex issues in a mixed technology environment within a matrix organization.
- Excellent written, oral communication and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor's degree in IT.
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred.