APAC IT Windows Team - Systems Administrator
Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- This role is for a technical support position and requires excellent technical knowledge matched by a “can do” hands-on attitude, focusing on the Bank’s Regional Microsoft Windows and Virtual infrastructure. The successful candidate will be a member of a dynamic IT team and will work with other IT teams in Asia.
- Managing and supporting Microsoft Windows Servers and Virtual Infrastructure with a strong focus on the virtual servers, virtual desktop and virtual application environment.
- Troubleshooting issues and resolving them in a methodical and timely fashion according to strict access and control policies and procedures.
- Performing maintenance duties such as server patching, remediating OS vulnerabilities, and asset management.
- Performing proactive System Performance Monitoring and Capacity Management.
- Supporting local, regional and global projects.
- Diligently follow the BNPP operational permanent control framework, security and MAS regulations and procedures.
Candidate must have :
- 3-5 years’ experience preferably within a Banking / Financial Institution environment.
- Proven experience supporting a large VMware vSphere environment.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills in English. Must have an expressive personality and be able to write clear technical documentation and operating procedures. Attention to detail is essential.
- Proven experience supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012, and familiar with Active Directory, Windows Desktop Operating Systems and Office applications.
- Must have good organisation and time management skills.
- Experience defining and executing Disaster Recovery and Business Contingency Plans
- Must possess experience and knowledge of server hardware from Tier 1 manufacturers.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with monitoring software.
- Strong knowledge and experience of technologies such as Domains, Group Policies, Effective permissions, DNS, Registries, DHCP, WINS, Firewalls, Proxy servers and other network devices.
- Be service oriented, customer focused, positive, committed and an enthusiastic team player with a 'can do' attitude.
- Be able to do shift work, being available on a 24/7 basis, occasional weekend work and be flexible for working after office hours at short notice.
- The ability to perform deep dive analysis of issues and be able to quickly resolve complex problems.
- Must be independent, self-motivated, responsible, able to complete tasks with little or no supervision.
- Relishes taking ownership, being totally hands-on and comfortable directly interfacing with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Able to follow the company’s standards, processes and procedures.
- Knows ITIL concepts and can apply them effectively.
- Experience supporting VSAN, iSCSI, DAS, NAS, SAN storage technologies with Windows Servers.
- Creating Powershell or Visual Basic scripting skills to automate support tasks.
- Knowledge and experience in Visual Studio for report generation.
- Knowledge and experience with Lumension Patchlink and BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping.
Experience and Qualifications required
- VMware Certification is required - VCP or VCAP.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) qualification is a bonus.
- Project Management. A professional qualification in Project Management would definitely be an advantage.