APAC IT Infrastructure & Production: Market Data Analyst
Standard / Permanent
- Technical Support
- Provide support for Market Data systems regionally in Asia Pacific, including day to day monitoring and issue resolution, capacity and monitoring,
- Management of ad-hoc tasks and projects assigned by project management and Infrastructure management
- Market Data Administration:
- Management of Market Data costs, inventory, licensing, contracts, …
- Access Management on Market Data systems
- Business and Suppliers relationships
- Build a strong relationship with our internal customers, our internal or external providers and other infrastructure teams in APAC,
- Provide guidance to business application managers on technical matters surrounding Market Data
- Provide guidance to business managers on Market Data costs and licensing
- Ensure that the instructions and guidelines of the Group (esp. IT Security guidelines and Global ITI&P Governance) are respected and the architecture is validated
Specific duties/accountability include but are not limited to:
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support calls for market data systems (RMDS/TREP platform, Bloomberg, TR FXT, Eikon, …) installed in Asia Pacific
- Reporting outages to management and internal customers promptly and accurately.
- Delivery of Mandatory Exchange & Vendor upgrades & tests as assigned.
- Capacity, Resiliency & Monitoring of Location & Regional Infrastructure.
- Incidents, Problems and Changes management.
- Escalating complex issues to Market Data lead where delay will impact business/reputation.
- Proactively updating documentation and procedures to resolve inefficiencies in the operating environment.
- Identification and resolution of system monitoring gaps (Geneos)
- Test, Validation and Deployment of Market Data products in Asia Pacific
- Prompt remediation of all breaks
- Maintaining non-trading day/holiday calendars.
- Distribution of Vendor Exchange Notifications.
- Morning Health checks
- Representing the team on P1 Bridges & Troubleshooting calls.
- Vendors Incident Tracking
- Ensuring technical standards are met, within the Market Data infrastructure and its client applications.
- Ensuring proper risk management and remediation procedures are in place
- Designing solutions to meet the business requirements
- Managing projects as assigned
- Ensuring the Market Data inventory is constantly up to date
- Ensuring the proper licenses are in place, and their cost duly approved
- Provisioning the access to Market Data systems (incl leavers management)
Direct contribution to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework
Essential Technical Knowledge/Skills:
- Advanced knowledge and experience in providing support for key market data applications like Thomson Reuters RMDS, Kobra, Eikon, Bloomberg, DACS, Dealing/Matching, …
- Knowledge or Experience of real time data feeds – Knowledge of Asian Markets is a plus
- Knowledge or Experience of development using Thomson Reuters RFA APIs is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Tibco Rendez-Vous technology
- Sound knowledge of data usage rules and market data compliance
- Experience of the BNP Paribas environment
- Strong analytical skills to review all aspects of technical support for market data, including engineering, integration, support, trend analysis (capacity, usage, cost)
- Experience on Zabbix monitoring tool
- Basic knowledge of Linux administration
- Good understanding and experience in Unix/Linux scripting
- Good knowledge of network infrastructure and protocol (e.g. multicast/broadcast)
- Proficiency in handling complex IT-related projects: from writing a proposal, initiating, & planning projects, to executing, monitoring/controlling projects, until and including project closure.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong leader and Team Player
- Financial knowledge of equities and fixed income markets
- Exposed to multi-cultural environment (SG, HK, JP, FR, UK, IN)
- Mature and independent with good communication skills
- Analytical, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Risk, Security and Cost awareness
- Ability to work under pressure
Experience and Qualifications required
- At least 5+ years’ experience in a complex IT infrastructure environment
- At least 5+ years of experience with market data
- Experience in an investment banking-focus business
- Experience in at least 2 technologies and 2 environments listed above.
- Team management (in a split environment is a plus)
- Fluency in English (French and Japanese are a plus)
- ITIL / CobiT trained